“What is it?”

“When you investigated my eldest brother’s cause of death, were you sure there was nothing suspicious?”

Zak frowned slightly as he thought about the clues he had found in his previous investigations.

“Sir, the first time I investigated, I asked you if your brother had undergone an autopsy. You said no, and I thought there was too much room for manipulation. So I secretly investigated a few times. I was planning to gather all the evidence before reporting it to you, but since you asked, I’ll tell you now.”

“The hospital said Mike died of a brain disease, but what I found was that the medicine he took before he died had been switched by someone. However, I haven’t found out what medicine was switched yet.”

James’s face sank. It seemed that Carol didn’t lie to him. Who could have killed his elder brother?

Suddenly, a sharp female voice came from the other end of Zack’s phone: “Zack, what are you doing hiding in the stable in broad daylight?!”

Zack was startled and quickly covered his phone, lowering his voice: “Sir, I’ll go deal with that shrew first.”

James murmured and hung up the phone. When he looked up, he saw a thinly dressed woman silently accompanying him.

He was stunned for a moment, then realized that he was still holding a cigarette in his hand. Ile immediately threw it away, crushed it with his foot, and walked towards her.

“Honey, I… smoked, I’m sorry.”

The towering figure of the man in front of her, apologizing as if he had done something wrong, made Amelia feel amused.

“It’s okay, I understand.”

She stepped forward and straightened his disheveled clothes. “You haven’t slept all night. Take a nap while it’s still early.”

She spoke in a gentle and soothing voice, and James quickly became immersed in her tenderness. Even his restless and anxious mind gradually calmed down.

Amelia didn’t even ask him who he was talking to on the phone. She just trusted him completely, took his hand, and led him back to the master bedroom.

She put him to sleep the same way he had put her to sleep before. The man who couldn’t sleep before slowly fell asleep under her gentle comfort.

When he opened his eyes, he saw Amelia holding a sketchpad, sitting on the edge of the bed, and contemplating a design.

Seeing that she had been with him all the time and hadn’t gone anywhere, James’s heart was filled with warmth. His cold and snowy face even showed a hint of a smile. “Thank you, my wife…”

She moved her gaze away from the sketchpad and looked at his stunning face bathes in the morning sun. “If you’re awake, go wash up. We’ll have breakfast together.”

James was very obedient. He got up from the bed and went to the bathroom. When he came out, he had returned to his usual cold and noble appearance. “Let’s go downstairs.”

Yesterday, Peter picked up Grace. This morning, while James was still sleeping, Amelia fed her breakfast and had Peter take the child to school.

Now, only the two of them, husband and wife, were left in the dining room. Amelia knew that James’s stomach wasn’t feeling well, so she had the chef stew some warm porridge and feed it to him herself.

He cherished this kind of life, but there were some things he couldn’t ignore. After breakfast, he said to her, “I’m going to the prison later.”