ACT 5 - two.

"So Ms. Delvey" the police officer said as he sat down in front of me. "Or should I say Mrs. Norris?"

"You can call me whatever you like" I chuckled sarcastically "Why am I here?"

He moved some papers and put one in front of me. "Can you explain this?"

I looked at the paper and sighed. This looked so bad, so fucking bad.

I didn't say a word, I didn't know how to explain it.

"This is a payment of 350.000 euros to Nora's mom and it's from your bank account" he looked at me. "Why did you transfer that amount of money to her?"

"Because she's sick and I fired Nora, made sure she wouldn't get another job" I explained. "Her mom deserves a chance to live"

"And Nora didn't?" He tilted his head.

"I didn't say that" I raised my eyebrow. "I didn't kill her, okay?"

"Then why did you hire her again?" He put another paper in front of me. "You made sure she wouldn't get another job in Monaco and France, but you hired her yourself"

He looked at me, begging that I would give him a good explanation. He didn't want to do this, I could see that in his eyes.

"I didn't hire her" I shrugged my shoulders.

"No, you hired someone to hire her"

I leaned back in my chair. They investigated my case pretty damn good. "Because I wanted her to do the shitty jobs in my hotel okay, the jobs no one wanted to do and I wanted to record her confession"

"Because you guys let her go, you let her go as if nothing happened and now someone killed her" I raised my voice. "But it wasn't me"

"Then who did?"

He stayed surprisingly calm, but that's something I was never good at.

"That's your fucking job to figure out"

"Ms. Delvey, please" he said calmly. "You may go"

I looked at him for a second before getting up as quickly as I could.

I felt nauseous, I wanted to go throw up, I had to throw up, right fucking now.

I walked to the door, not too quick though, I didn't want him to suspect I wanted to run, even though I did.

"There's one thing that bothers me" he said as he tapped his fingers on the table. "Why did you send Nora a text to meet in your office?"

I turned around to face him. "I-I didn't?"

"You did" he turned to me and leaned against the table. "You send her a text, you met her in your office and later, she was dead"

I never send her a text.

"That's speculation, do you have proof that Ms. Delvey killed her?" My lawyer interfered. "Is she under arrest?"

He shook his head and my lawyer immediately gestured to leave the room and that's what I did.

I ran to the restroom and started throwing up. Their case against me was already pretty solid.

But there was one thing that bothered me. I definitely didn't send Nora a text.

She send me an email, asking where I was but that was the first and last interaction I had with her.

I sat down on the floor and closed my eyes.

They didn't kill Nora to help me nor to protect me.

They killed Nora to frame me.