ACT 4 - eight.

Juliette's POV

I couldn't believe I was standing in the Mclaren garage at the Monaco Grand Prix.

Those things doesn't happen when you're a normal girl like me.
But those things definitely happened when you were best friends with Rae.

She made things happen with the snap of her fingers. Everyone respected her, not for what her dad did, but because of everything she achieved in such a short period.

I worked for her dad and now for her and I can honestly say that she made a big difference.

She wasn't as horrible as I thought she was.

I owe everything to her, I would do everything for her.

She was looking at the screen, putting both of her hands in front of her mouth, she was nervous, she wanted the best result for Lando.

She cared so much for him. She would do everything for him.

He melted the hard ice queen. He broke through her walls.

I looked at her. She was now biting her lower lip, the tension was still visible on her face.

I don't think he knew what she had planned, no one knew but I had a suspicion.

She wanted to break Nora and Rhett, take her revenge.

And I totally understood that, but she shouldn't do that.
She had a reputation, she had a lot of eyes on her and I didn't want her to lose it all, because of them.

"Are you okay?" Zayden asked as he brushed his hand against my back.

I was dating him for a few months now and I've never been more in love than I was now.

He was absolutely amazing. He looked tough and arrogant, but he was the sweetest soul, at least to me.

He was still arrogant to everyone who looked at me the wrong way.

He was protective and it was sexy.

"I am fine, just nervous" I smiled, pushing myself closer to his body.

I also wanted Lando to finish high. He was always nice to me, even when I was just a maid.

"He's doing great though" Zayden said and kissed my cheek, probably trying to calm me down.

He was perfect.

———————————

Lando did amazing, he ended P4 in Monaco and the entire garage blew up.

We waited for Lando to be done with his interviews and stuff, because he would probably wanna go out and I was definitely ready to join him.

We were waiting in the hospitality and I noticed Rae was looking at her phone the entire time, until Lando walked in.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed him against her body. They kissed for a few seconds and then she whispered something in his ear.

He seemed disappointed but still nodded before kissing her again.

"I have to go to the hotel real quick, be I'll be back soon" Rae said as she looked at me.

I nodded but I wondered what could be so urgent that she had to go now.

She left and we stayed for half an hour, until everyone decided to go drink something.

"I am gonna get Rae" I said as I kissed Zayden. He nodded and kissed me again. "Let me know when you're coming back"

I nodded before walking out of the paddock and to the hotel.

I had an eerie feeling, like something was wrong.
Like I needed to be there.

I walked in Rae's office. She would probably be here, working on something.

But she needed to be with Lando, I just knew he wanted her around him, to celebrate his result with her.

So I needed to knock some sense in her, again. I was used to that lately but I didn't care.

I knocked and immediately opened the door, but I wish I never did.

I wish I didn't witness this.

"Rae?" I asked. "Rae!"

She was dead.

She killed her.