ACT 1 - seven.

"Are you busy the next few days?" I asked as Rae was walking through my apartment. "Unfortunately, yes but I'm going on a little vacation in a few weeks"

Our lunch 'meeting' turned into a ride through Monaco and ended back in my apartment.

We didn't kiss, we didn't even touch, we just talked and laughed.

She was walking around my apartment as if she was trying to find things that were different since the day she left.

But nothing really was different, everything was pretty much the same.

"Your new girlfriend isn't gonna like that" she pointed at the pictures of us, they were still standing in my living room.

I wasn't gonna get rid of them any time soon, I just couldn't.

"I don't have a girlfriend" I said, which made her turn around with a frown. "You do though"

"No, I don't. I broke up with her a few months ago"

The same night when I told her everything I felt for her, still feel for her.

"Oh" she bit her lower lip. I noticed that she does that whenever she feels uncomfortable, or whenever she needs to think about what to answer. "I'm sorry"

"Anyways, you want something to drink?"

"Water is fine, thanks" she said as she sat down on my couch. Normally she would ask for a glass of wine, but I already noticed that she stopped drinking.

She wasn't drinking at the Hilton-Mclaren party even though she pretended to do, with a glass of champagne in her hand.

A full glass of champagne.

But I wasn't gonna ask, it was none of my business.

I returned with two glasses of water and she already snuggled up in a blanket and turned the tv on.

I loved how comfortable she was around here, around me. Just like that first night.

I put the glasses down and sat next to her. She looked at me with a smile. "What?" I asked.

"You know, Juliette cancelled all my meetings today, told them I was sick and took them all over" she said, still with that beautiful smile on her face. "You have nothing to do with that, I assume?"

I laughed. I actually didn't, but I definitely had to thank Juliette.

"I think Jules just likes us together" I shrugged my shoulders with a grin. "Jules? She started laughing.

"I guess she does" she then added quietly.

"Can you..." she started but stopped. "Can I what?"

"Can you cuddle me? Just for a second, I-I need it today"

There was nothing I wanted more, but I just didn't have the balls to do, or to ask.
But Rae always had more balls than I did.

I pulled her on top of me, her head was laying on my chest and it probably revealed how I was feeling in this moment.

My heart was beating so damn fast and I was sure she could hear it too.

"You know.." she said, a bit distracted by the tv, or by my heartbeats. "I saw that guy that married us"

"Elvis?"

She chuckled. "Yeah, he checked in the hotel today"

"Here? In Monaco?"

Why was this guy everywhere? Fair enough to see him in front of the place where he worked, in Vegas, but to see him here?

In the place she owned? In another continent?

"Weird" I mumbled.

"Yeah, guess he was just on vacation or something" she shrugged it off. "Did he say anything to you?"

"Not really, he just asked if we were still married, so I said no" but he knew that already because I told him that as well.

I didn't want to scare her or made her feel uncomfortable for no reason, but I started to have a strange feeling about him.

"Hmm.." I said. Maybe I had to tell her about him.

"Did you mean it what you said?" She asked, putting her chin on my chest and looking up at me. "That you wish we had a beautiful wedding?"

I nodded, putting her hair behind her ear and rubbing my thumb against her cheek. "I meant every single word"

"I wish we had that too" she kissed my chest softly before putting her head back on it.

What was she doing to my heart?

She changed so much over the past year and sometimes I had a feeling she changed, because of me.

For me.

So I had no problem running after her until she fell for me again, even if I had to run after her for years.