ACT 3 - six. *

After an amazing day, we went to dinner together. Lando has been incredibly nice and sweet to me.

I was falling even harder.

This man, my man, was everything I ever wanted.

"Wine?" He offered as he looked at me with a smile. "No thanks, water will be fine"

He titled his head, narrowing his eyes slightly. "You're not pregnant, are you?"

I frowned. Pregnant? Why would I be pregnant?

"No?" I chuckled. "Why? Do you want me to be pregnant?"

He shook his head laughing. "No, not at all"

Wow, that was kinda a slap in the face. I wasn't ready for babies either, but his answer came way too fast.

"Don't get me wrong" he said as he quickly put his hands on mine. "I would love to have little Rae's running around, but not now. Definitely not now"

"Who says I want kids with you though?" I teased, but stared at him with no emotion. "I-I don't.."

I started laughing and he rolled his eyes in response.

I would love to have kids with him, but he was right. Not now, definitely not now.

The entire time at dinner, I wanted to tell him about my meeting with the board of directors, but I couldn't.

How could I tell him they wanted me to drop Mclaren? I planted this damn seed in their head last year and now they wanted me to actually do it.

Ever since I left that meeting, I tried to come up with solutions. What could Mclaren offer us that would make them shut up?

Nothing, only money could make them quiet.

Or I could stand up against them and just not do what they asked, not break the contract, but I knew a few of them - or all of them, would leave if I did that.

After dinner, Lando and I went back to our hotel. We were sitting on the balcony, once again, both catching up on our own things.

"You've been awfully quiet since we left the restaurant" Lando said as he put his phone on the little table next to us.

I shrugged my shoulders. "It's nothing, don't worry"

He held his hand out for me and gestured to sit on his lap. I put my phone next to his, got up and took a seat on his lap.

My favorite place to sit.

He put his hand on my cheek and kissed me. Really kissed me. As if he wanted to read my mind by playing with my tongue.

It was such a deep kiss, so rough, yet passionately at the same time.

"I want you" I moaned on his lips. "You're sure?"

I nodded. He loves me, he cares for me, he wouldn't be less attracted to me because of a couple scars, right?

Fuck, now I was starting to doubt everything.

"But inside please and with the lights off" I added.

I never asked to turn the lights off, we liked seeing each other. There were always candles or little lights brightening the room.

But not now, now I wanted it to be completely dark.

"As you want" he said, putting his hands on my ass and picking me up.

We both undressed as we made our way to the bedroom.

It was dark, completely dark but I could feel him on my skin, I could feel his touches, his tongue against my body.

My breath started to pick up, my heart did the same.

"I love you" he whispered against my neck and I could feel him entering me. He let out a soft groan and even though it was already dark, I closed my eyes.

I wanted to enjoy his thrusts, enjoy his moans and groans, enjoy his hands on my boobs, on my neck.

But I couldn't.

I saw Rhett on top of me, I felt him in me, his hands around my neck, choking me, while he thrusted deep in me.

I tried to shake it off, I tried to picture Lando again. Lando was making love to me. Rhett wasn't here, he wasn't raping me.

Lando was on top of me.

"You're such a good girl" Rhett's voice sounded through my mind.

"Stop" I pushed him off of me, crawling to the side of the bed and grabbing my clothes.

The lights turned on again and Lando was looking at me. His curls were a mess, he had a little blush on his face, but most importantly, he was looking at me confused.

"Did I do something wrong?" He asked, putting on his underwear again.

He got the hint that we weren't gonna have sex any time soon.

"No" I shook my head. "I just can't"

"That's okay" he forced a smile, pulled me in his arms and kissed the top of my head.

We fell asleep not saying another word, not addressing what just happened.

And once again, I had horrible nightmares.