ACT 3 - four.

All the directors of the board gathered the next day and I was ready for them.

If you didn't know what happened to me, then you wouldn't suspect a thing. I wore a dress with long sleeves, straightened my hair and put on some makeup.

"So they're all here - they're not really pleased with you though" Juliette walked with me to the meeting room in the hotel.

"Are they ever pleased with me?" I nudged her playfully. I could see how nervous she was, but she shouldn't.

If they wanted to leave then they could, but preferably not all of them.

I walked in with my head high and greeted all of them.

"Why did we have to come so last minute? We have other things to do, you know?" One of them snapped at me as I sat down.

"So do I" I looked him straight in the eyes, they could smell weakness, so I definitely was gonna show them any sign of nerves or doubts.

"I've heard some of you wanna leave, which, in my opinion, is a stupid idea" I opened my laptop and connected it to the big tv screen.

"I prepared a business review from the previous year and months and I'll present you our goals and expectations for this year"

I worked on this presentation all night after Lando fell asleep. Because of them, I couldn't stay in bed with him.
Because of them, I had to go through all these boring numbers.

I presented everything.

"Questions?" I said after an hour of presenting, I quickly sat down again because I felt dizzy halfway through the presentation.

"Yes" one of them said, moving a few papers. "I thought you said last year that we would end the contract with Mclaren?"

I nodded. "I came back on that decision"

A purely emotional decision. I had nothing to back it with.

"Because your boyfriend drives for them?" He scoffed. "I see no advantages for us to keep sponsoring them"

"Branding, getting our name out there, attracting a younger audience?" I summed up, which were valid reasons but probably not what they wanted to hear.

"We are putting millions in them. We don't need to get our name out there, everyone knows Hilton" he looked at me and to the other directors.

"I say we vote" he said as he put his hand up. "Those who vote we drop Mclaren, put your hand up"

They were all a little hesitant, no one wanted to offend me, but this wasn't an emotional decision for them.

It was business.

Pretty much all of them put their hand up.

"You know what to do, Ms. Delvey" he said before getting up and leaving. The others followed them soon after, saying goodbye and thanking me for my presentation.

I sighed as I closed my laptop and looked at Juliette.

"You did great though" she said as she looked at me. "Thanks" I leaned back in my chair.

But it wasn't good enough. They were right, I made that decision because I love Lando, not because it was good for Hilton.

"I am going to Bahrain with Lando" I turned to Juliette. "Can you keep me posted on everything that happens here?"

She nodded her head. "Of course, not a problem"

"I'll try and talk to Zak while I'm there"'

She titled her head. "Are you gonna drop Mclaren?"

I sighed. "It seems as if I don't have a choice"