Hearing her say this, Dominic didn’t react much, he just turned to look at the Evans family standing outside the castle.

“Miss Clark, do you know how many people from my Evans family were killed by the Clark family?”

He pointed his dragon-headed cane at one of the old ladies, “It was Adam who killed my brother-in-law.”

After that, he pointed to the young girl next to the old lady, “Her mother was killed by Adam’s son, Carson…”

With each person he pointed to with his cane, it represented a life lost. All the Evans family members outside the castle saw the Clark family as their mortal enemy.

Finally, Dominic’s cane landed on two photos, “My son and daughter-in-law died while on a business trip to England.”

When he mentioned this, his eyes suddenly turned red. In his teary eyes, there was an uncountable amount of hatred, “Clark family killed my son, do you think I can forgive you?!”

He shouted the last sentence through gritted teeth, showing just how much he hated the Clark family.

But how innocent was Amelia? She had never even met the elders of the Clark family, yet she had to bear the hatred brought by her family.

“Mr. Evans, I sympathize with you and the uncles and aunts, but this has nothing to do with me. I didn’t…”

She wanted to say that she didn’t get involved, but Dominic’s dragon-headed cane suddenly smashed towards her.

He moved too fast, and Amelia didn’t even have time to dodge. Her thin arm was hit hard by the stick…

The old man wanted to hit her again, but before he could, someone grabbed the cane.

Peter snatched the cane from him and broke it in half over his knee.

“I’m here. Whoever dares to bully James’ wife will have to get past me first!”

Peter thought James’s grandfather was at least a reasonable old man. Who would have thought that he would lose his temper and actually hit Amelia?

Peter, who had no awareness of this kind of defense, was one step too late when Dominic made the first strike, causing Amelia to be hit for no reason.

After giving the old man a fierce glare, Peter turned around and looked at Amelia’s arm.

“Are you okay?”

The pain of the impact on her flesh was quite intense, but she gritted her teeth and shook her head.

She held her left arm and looked up at Dominic, who was still angry.

“Mr. Evans, as it turns out, even if you beat me up, it won’t relieve the anger in your heart. It will only make you and your grandson more estranged. Why bother?”

“Why bother?!”

Dominic shouted angrily, “You have captured my grandson’s heart, made him lose his mind, and even forget his own family’s hatred. Do you think I don’t need to bother?!”

Before, Dominic only thought that Amelia’s status was too low and not suitable for his grandson, but he didn’t stop him too much. He followed James’s heart and let him marry her. He even went to the wedding after receiving Amelia’s invitation to attend.

After all, he felt that a marriage without the blessing of elders would not be happy. In his selfishness, he still hoped that his grandson could have a smooth and happy marriage. So he put down his dignity, lowered his face, and went to the wedding.