Why was he asking about something that had nothing to do with him?

Could Logan have seen through her plan and sent this man to sniff out her true intentions? That was impossible!

This wasn’t Logan's style; if he had known she wanted to kill him, he would have sent someone to chop her up and feed her to his dogs.

“It’s just a kind of drug to get someone excited. Like an aphrodisiac.” She pretended to be calm and spoke quietly.

She did not know who this man was, and could not trust him with the truth.

The man sneered, “Roleplaying and drugs. You two sure do like to live on the edge.”

Amelia pursed her lips and did not reply. He seemed to believe her for now.

Her silence must have angered the man, and he grabbed her chin with a cold hand.

Just as she expected the man to strangle her to death, her phone rang.

The quiet and terrifying atmosphere in the room was instantly cut.

The man let go of her chin and turned to pick up her phone.

Thinking he was about to answer, she pleaded, “It’s Mr. Taylor! He needs something from me. Let me answer the phone!”

The man’s hoarse voice suddenly became colder. “What’s wrong? Are you afraid that he will find you in bed with another man?”

“No!” Amelia tried her best to control her emotions.

“Please, let me answer the phone! If I don’t, something bad will happen to my friend. Let me finish this call, and I’ll do anything you want!”

She begged shamelessly, which seemed to soften the man’s attitude.

She thought maybe that he would untie her, but he instead answered the phone and put it on speaker.

Before she could say anything, Logan's loud, shrill voice came screaming from the other end.

“Amelia, you bitch, how dare you lie to me?! You disobeyed me, so now I’m going to hurt your little friend and her husband on their wedding night!”

Amelia was so scared she could barely breathe, but she was afraid that something would happen to Eva and Daniel if she didn’t act fast. She quickly calmed down and said, “Mr. Taylor, please! I was just about to send you the address when you called. I’ll be waiting for you in Room 2088 at the Imperial Hotel. Please come now!”

She could hear Logan gnashing his teeth in anger, before he said, “I’ve already sent my friends to their location. When I get to the hotel, if I don’t see the contract, I’ll tell them to interrupt their honeymoon. The woman will be raped, and the man will forced to watch and then they’ll both be chopped into pieces. Do you hear me?”

“Okay.”

Amelia replied coldly, and then the man hung up the phone.

Amelia couldn’t see the man’s expression clearly, so she could only beg him anxiously.

“Sir, you heard it. It’s a matter of life and death. You can do whatever you want to me by pretending to be Kevin, but please change the time. I must see him tonight and give him the contract, or he will kill my friend!”

In contrast to Amelia’s anxious expression, the man was not in a hurry.

He asked lightly, “What contract?”

When it came to things related to James, Amelia naturally wouldn’t say much. “It’s just a project contract.”

The man played with his phone and said unhurriedly, “If you don’t make it clear, let Logan tell me.”