HER: 55

emery

"mama saad." juli pointed behind me.

"hey." zaid said from behind me. saad is juli's best attempt at saying zaid's name, and zaid is absolutely loving it. says he likes it better.

"how'd the meet up with mom go?" i asked.

"i don't know." he sighed and gave juli a kiss on the top of her head. "she talks and i respond, that's all really."

"don't you want to try to maybe contribute to the conversation a little more?" i raised a brow, already knowing the answer.

"it's not that i don't want to, i just— i can't." he sighed again. "i just can't wait till i don't have to do this anymore."

legally if he wants to stay under my supervision, zaid has to meet with mom at least once a month. our case didn't go to court, we settled everything before it got to that point. i've only been civil with my mom and step dad, i've had no desire in mending anything once zaid told me. she knew zaid was getting hurt and she didn't do shit about it.

"she asked about you." he revealed. as he sat parallel to me, grabbing one of j's toys and fidgeting with it. "asked about if you were happy."

"oh god."

"i wish i told her it was none of her business but i said yes." he was scared of my reaction, i could tell from his body language, he crouched down his back as if he was trying to hide.

"that's okay, i am happy, she knows i'm happy, she just can't understand how i can be without her. so next time she asks about me, do me a favor and tell her it's too late for me." i responded.

"are you sure?" he raised his brows.

"yeah, it's been too late for a fat while."

♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎

"i missed you." i drew circles on her arm.

"i missed you two my love."

"next time you have to travel somewhere, i'm going with you." i decided.

"what about your clinic?" she giggled.

"i'll let my assistant take care of the in person tasks under my supervision." i shrugged, it's not like the clinic is a new thing. she already knows how things go down there.

"you know i wouldn't say no to my family being around at all time, i'm just worried you're going to hold yourself back because of me." she softly said.

"you won't, the clinic will still be there when i'm back home. having my own clinic is literally the best thing ever, no set hours, i can go in and go out whenever i want, amazing. plus you know how much i value my career i wouldn't do something that would damage it."

"i know, i just worry." she sighed. "what about zaid though?"

"he's responsible, i trust him. plus jen will probably be home sitting so, i don't know, we'll figure it out when the time comes." i responded.

"okay my love."

"billie?"

"emery?"

i've been having his feeling... and it's with me all the damn time. i think about it every day whenever i have a minute to breathe. i really truly think i'm ready for it too, it's the perfect timing. the baby fever is killing and really want to grow our baby in my body for nine months. it's the first thing on my goals list at this point.