HER : 14

emery

"emery taali hnee!" my step dad called me.
(emery come here!)

"yes?" i said, walking up to him. my mother is out somewhere, doing whatever. zaid is having his nap and it's only him and i right now.

"tklme arabi ma-ay lwsmehti." he blinked. (please talk to me in arabic.) "yebily maya mn el matbkh" (bring me water from the kitchen.)

i went in the kitchen, filled up a glass of water and went back to give it to him. "aren't you hot?" he asked.

"why are you hot? do you want me to raise the air conditioning?" i asked.

"la bes labsa hoodie, enty fe el bait tra. ady tlbseen malabs shyawa mfskha." (no, but you're wearing a hoodie, you're at home if you didn't notice. you can wear a little revealing clothes.)

"emm la ady, el hoodie moreeh." i answered. (uhm.. no it's fine, the hoodie is really comfy.) "do you want anything else."

"la rohi." (no, go.)

i picked up my phone and called meave, "hey bitch." she answered.

"hey, what are you doing right now? can you come over?" i asked.

"no, my mom wants us to go have family time. we're probably going to eat dinner out too, sorry." she answered.

"that's fine."

"why? is everything okay?" she asked.

"mom is out and you know how my step dad can be." i explained.

"call hudson."

"he isn't allowed in my room, it's okay. i'll text you later." i sighed and hung up, but i then called billie.

"hello!" she answered at the second ring.

"what are you doing right now?" i asked.

"nothing really, just watching the office." she answered.

"do you want to watch the office here?" i asked.

"you sound stressed, it's everything okay?" she asked.

"yeah— no, i don't know. my mom isn't home and i'm alone with my step dad. he's weird, i don't like being alone with him." i answered truthfully.

"okay, i'm coming over right now." she decided, like it was the only right thing to do. she said goodbye then hung up the phone, i let my step dad know that i'm having a friend come over. he didn't react at all, i sighed and walked into zaid's room cause i could hear him being cranky.

i'm guessing he had a bad dream because he usually isn't crying when he wakes up from a nap. i held him close to my chest and tried my best to calm him down. once he went silent, i changed him and washed his face.

billie texted that she was here, so i went and opened the door for her. we all went into my room and closed the door. "do you want to watch the office? i know you probably just wanted to to chill in your bed till the next day."

"only if you want to watch it, i'm here for you." she answered.

"well then yeah, let's watch it. i don't have anything better we could do." i said. "what episode did you stop on? we'll just watch it from there, you know i've never watched the office?"

"what! never? like never ever?" she widened her eyes.

"yeah." i giggled.

"oh girl we're watching it from the first episode, let's go." she shook her head.

"but i don't want you getting bored cause you've watched it before." i said as i logged into netflix.

"i've watched it more than seven times now, i'll never get bored of it em. come on, first episode." she sat on the bed next to me, zaid siting on her lap, playing with one of his toys.