HER : 23

emery

"em." meave called out for me at the end of the school day. unlike any other day, i'm finally allowed to drive the family car again so i can't be late for home.

"i have to go, i don't have time for this." i sighed, walking away from her. i exited the building and i could still hear her foot steps behind me, i didn't bother to look behind me though.

"em i won't take a lot from your time. i see your car and i know you mom's rules." she finally caught up to me.

"what do you want meave?" i asked her. losing her friendship wasn't easy for me, unlike how i like to portray my feelings towards it. she was my only friend for a fat while, even though we fought fourty percent of the time she was still my best friend and she's not making me cope with this friendship fall out peacefully.

"is what i'm hearing true?" she asked.

"what are you hearing exactly? kids are stupid and mean, ever since that hudson thing i was suddenly the number one person to talk about." i placed my school bag in the back seat of the car.

"people are saying you and billie have been sneaking around together, i'm not stupid to believe anything about hudson unless it's coming from you or jen. which is impossible cause the both of yo—."

"what? who told you that?" i frowned, panic rushing through my veins.

"i heard bea from physics say that kim from bio told her that she heard blah blah blah, you get it. there are rumors going around and i just wanted to make sure you're not in trouble." she explained.

"what do you mean in trouble? billie is not trouble." i frowned and i was about to move on.

"so it's true. you have been sneaking around with her." she said, making me freeze for just a second before i played it cool.

"we're just friends, i just don't like the way you're talking about her." i shrugged.

"okay whatever, just know that billie is no good. she acts all nice and cute and innocent in the first few weeks of a relationship and then she turns into an asshole. she doesn't ever last in them, have you asked yourself why she's not in a relationship right now? the girl is gorgeous she could bag anyone, she just can't keep them around. she has issues and i know you can't handle that."

"it's not up to you to decide what i can and what i can't handle meave. now move or i'll run you over." i responded before getting in the car. i checked all my blind spots before i reversed out of the parking spot and headed home.

when i arrived i took a cold shower, fed zaid, put him down for a nap and then entered my room again to do my homework. that took about an hour and a half before i picked up my phone and saw that ana had called me but i let her call go to voicemail.

i never check my voicemail ever, i just called her instead. "hey em!" she answered after the second ring.

"anastasia! it's been a while since i've heard your voice." i smiled at how happy she sounded.

"i know! what are you doing right now?"

"i just finished my homework, i was planing on watching the office soon and order takeout maybe?" i answered. "what about you?"

"procrastinating writing my college essay and watching tiktok." she responded. "well not anymore cause i'm talking to you."

"ahh get it together women! you got this!" i laughed.

"you didn't tell me, what happened with harvard?" she recalled my promise to her.

"shoot! i did not let you know, i got in!"