HER : 38

emery

"mom!" billie yelled. "did you take my hoodie for laundry? i can't find it!" she yelled.

"no honey! it's probably under your bed!" maggie yelled back.

"it's not! i looked there." she grumbled. i cold hear her throwing various clothes items on the floor in frustration.

"billie!" i yelled from fin's room. "i'm wearing it." i started taking it off.

"why didn't you tell me? i spent fifteen minutes looking for it." she sighed in annoyance.

"i'm sorry, you were out, i missed you and i was cold." i handed her the hoodie.

"no you already have it just take it." she shook her head. she still wanted the hoodie i knew it, she knew it, and still she refused to take it as i offered it again when i extended my arm even more.

"i already took it off billie." my hand was still stretched out for her to take it.

"it's fine." she turned around and left the room.

i placed the hoodie on the bed and frowned looking at it. i reached in my pocket for my phone and called jen to pick me up. i stood up to let maggie know i was leaving and i was still very cold, billie was in the room, i didn't want to disturb her. i grabbed the hoodie once again and put it on.

"hi mags." i smiled and fell into her arms.

"hi honey." she squeezed me.

"jen is gonna pick me up in five, i just wanted to let you know." i told her.

"okay, have fun em." she cupped my cheeks. "pretty girl." she tucked my grown out curtain bangs behind my ears.

"i will." i smiled before i backed up to slip on my crocs and exited through the front door and only sat on the side walk.

"what're you doing? get in." jen rolled down her window when she arrived.

"the weather is nice and i just couldn't stay inside i was starting to feel claustrophobic." i answered, getting in the car and putting on my seatbelt.

"what's up you seemed out of it when you called me. is everything okay?" jen asked.

"disregarding the obvious events of the past month... i don't know, i think billie is hating my presence in her house. like she's getting sick of me always being there." i answered.

"do you wanna stay with me for a couple days? and then we'll go to that thing we planned with the girls the other day then you'll go back home with billie. it'll just be the two of us watching netflix, eating, gossiping, laughing, crying and holding each other." she suggested.

"yeah, i'd like that." i nodded. "that way i can also give billie her space."

"yeah, and don't worry about your clothes. you already have a dozen articals of clothings just sitting in my closet after mom washed them." she said.

"your mom is the sweetest angel."

the rest of the ride was silent, mainly because i was holding my breath the whole time. i forgot how bad jen was at driving. thankfully we arrived in one piece, i said hi to her parents when walking into the house and we entered her room.

"now tell me what'd she do to make you feel unwanted." she flopped on her bed, landing on her stomach.

"she didn't make me feel unwanted, that's a strong word." i sat in her bean bag.

"then just tell me what are the events that made you call." she rephrased.

♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎