HER : 15

emery

"what do you mean you're grounded? you have your phone emery." hudson chuckled. i wish i could tell at him to stop doing that, it's staring to get on my nerves. actually he's starting to get on my nerves, i'm questioning wether i should give him that mental last chance even. i'm not happy with him.

"i know, i basically grounded myself because i'm mad at my mom who is mad at me because my step dad is mad at her." i explained.

"what? why is all this happening again?"

"cause i invited billie over cause i didn't want to be alone with my step dad in the house. he's creepy." i explained.

"what do you mean he's creepy? he seemed like he cared about you when he was integrating me when we first met. which reminds me when do you want to meet my family?" he said.

"he's creepy hudson, it's all an act." i replied. "i want to meet your parents i just don't want it to be a big deal, i don't want to be anxious the whole week prior."

"okay got the family meeting part, but i still
don't get how you seriously feel like he's creepy. he cares about you."

"yeah, he does, a little too much." i blinked. "whatever you don't get it."

"you're right i don't." he sighed. "well if you grounded yourself can you sneak out for a couple minutes and then go back to your room? i want to see you for just a little bit."

"hudson." i sighed. "when billie stayed after i wanted to shit my pants, if my parents found out i snuck out to see you, it would be over for the both of us."

"billie stayed over at yours after you got yelled at?" she said in a confused tone.

"oh yeah, she snuck in from my window cause i was hesterically crying and she comforted me until i slept."

"so let me get this straight she can get in your room after you grounded yourself, and hold you till you go to sleep but i can't see you for a couple minutes? i didn't realize you and billie were so close, why aren't you calling meave to come over?" he was so clearly getting mad.

"i did call meave, she was busy." i answered.

"you know what i think? i think you're lying to me." he said.

"why would i lie about that? and why is it such a big deal that billie stayed over? i was upset hudson." i stressed.

"i don't know why you would lie about that, maybe you should ask yourself. you know yourself better right? and it's a big deal that billie stayed over because she is a lesbian emery! a lesbian!" he yelled.

"and what's wrong with lesbians again?" i blinked.

"nothing on the surface level. i mean i'm friends with billie but she can fall in love with you emery. you don't want that do you? you don't want to be in an awkward situation like that." he answered.

"first off there are so many wrong things with the comment you just said. but okay, and you actually failed to acknowledge that i'm already in an awkward weird place in my own home that you aren't even believing me about!" i sighed in frustration.

"what does this have to do with that!" he exclaimed. "you're hopeless, i literally just wanted to see you. that's it."

"well you can see me in two days when school starts again." i said.

"okay then, i will." he hung up the phone.

♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎

"did you finally come back to your senses?" i sighed when i answered the phone. it's been four hours since the first call, the sun is starting to set and i've just been tidying up my room. "you know i hate it when you hang up the phone on me."