HER : 10

billie

"we almost kissed." i told drew.

"and you waited a whole week to tell me this???" she yelled. "billie, she's straight and has a boyfriend. don't get me wrong she's super sweet but you're my best friend and it's my duty to keep you from getting hurt. you don't want to be an experiment trust me." drew whispered.

"i know, i know it's wrong in so many ways. one is simply the fact that she's taken, but drew, i can't get her off my mind." i admitted.

"that's it we're starting operation finding billie a girl." drew announced.

"i don't need a girl." i sighed.

"sure you don't honey." she linked her arm with mine and walked through the hallways. "the fact that today is the last day of school before the break is only to our favor. that way you can forget her and focus on the girl i'll find you."

little does she know.

"why'd you go silent?"

"nothing, we're late for english come on." i shook my head.

"billie i sure do hope you'll start showing up to my class on time after the break." mrs audrey said, waiting for us by the door.

"i'll try my very best miss." i gave her a cheeky smile and walked into the class.

"please don't tell me you fell for her. billie you can't." drew whispered.

"i know i can't, trust me i know." i whispered back.

"this is bad. really fucking bad billie." she widened her eyes. "what will it take to get you forget her?"

"i don't know, trust me if i knew my life would've been so much easier. i didn't want anyone to know this but there's a reason she was the only person i never talked to ever, drew." i kept my voice down.

"no!" she widened her eyes even more and shook her head. "you're hopeless then."

"billie, drew. if you're going to keep having those side convos i might let you spill the tea to the whole class." mrs audrey said.

"i'll happily spill the tea to you later but the whole class... i don't think so." i told her.

"please pay attention." she sighed. "not everyone can catch up to the work they miss in school."

what she meant by that is unlike me, drew has trouble catching up at home after her and i spend the whole class chatting. half the school thinks i'm an idiot who doesn't give a shit about school. even teachers thought that at the start of the school year, but i'm far from that. i don't mean to sound full of myself but i'm smart, like actually smart, and i do very well at school. even principal andrew wanted me to tutor some kid, said some teacher recommended me and my grades were phenomenal. i turned him down cause i don't want to tutor some dumb kid, i got a lot on my agenda already.

"yes ma'am." i replied.

emery and i have been fine, her and hudson seem to be okay. i didn't ask her about it, i honestly don't want to hear about how they made up. although it's clear that something has changed between us, not with the way we interact with each other— i guess it is with the way we interact with each other...