HER : 22

emery

"can you believe that principle andrew approved of an actual day like this? i honestly didn't think he'd be down for it when we first brought it up to him." i helped jen get all the water balloons out the truck of her car.

"the water guns!" i widened my eyes when i realized i almost forgot them in the backseat of the car.

"freshman are literally gawking out over this shit. we may have started a tradition in this school for real." jen said once i got the bag full of water guns. lower grades were shamelessly staring at the both of us struggling to get the water balloons into the school.

"now that i think about it we should have filled this shit up here and not this morning in your backyard. the basket has literally been cutting off blood flow in my hands." i frowned trying not to focus on the pain in my hands.

"shut up we have to suffer the consequences of our bad decisions, there is no use in complaining now." jen responded.

"hey let me help you." we ran into drew towards the end of the parking lot.

"thank you, i can slowly feel the blood flowing in my fingers again." i sighed.

"i got you." she smiled. "wait jen do you know how the event is going to go down? is it boys vs girls or just random caos?" she asked.

jen is part of the 'team' that organizes and suggests ideas to the principal, which then are either denied or granted. "the idea was just random caos but we could cast of vote with a show of hands if two different teams are demanded."

"nah i think random caos is better, i don't think the boys bothered to bring anything anyways." drew shook her head.

"girls get that to the field as quickly as possible, the freshman seem to think that it's okay to steal some of the water balloons and play pranks on each other." principal andrew said once he spotted us.

"i don't get why they have to ruin everything." i sighed as we walked faster to the back of the school, where the field is.

all the seniors hung out at the benches with their friends until the principal came out about an hour after we initially arrived this morning. he announced that the fight is going to begin soon and he asked the student team organizers to explain the rules of the event.

"oh come on! get on with it!" someone yelled when jen was talking through the speakers.

"yeah what the yell! just don't play too rough and don't take shit personally! teachers are on the look out so keep that in mind when you decide to do something stupid." jen nodded. "now get up and get wet!"

"she definitely meant that shit." billie laughed. before i knew it a water balloon slapped my head splashing water all over my face. i opened my eyes and took the deepest breath from my mouth, water dripping off the tip of my nose and my chin. i turned to my left to see who just did that only to hear billie say...

"what the fuck!" she grabbed a water gun with a water balloon and ran after drew while i just stood there in shock.

"are you trying to get absolutely soaked?" dessa tapped my upper arm. "grab your weapon and attack before you get attacked."