After being with him for five years, Amelia always knew this day would come, but she didn't expect it would send so abruptly.... No reason or explanation.

Suppressing the sharp pain in her heart, Amelia slowly raised her head and gazed at James, who was now fully dressed.

"The contract will expire in six months. Can't we wait for a little longer?" she asked, somewhat pleading.

The doctor said she had only three months left and she wanted to stay with him until the end of her life.

James didn't respond, just looking at her with a cold gaze, showing no regret at all, as if he was kicking away a toy he had grown tired of playing with.

His silence was all she needed, it meant, his decision was final.

After five long years of trying, Amelia had failed to thaw James's frozen heart. She knew it was time for her to wake up from her illusion.

Amelia took the contract and put on a fake smile, attempting to feign indifference. "Don't be so serious, I was joking." She teased.

"I'm glad this is over, I get six months off, how perfect!" Amelia added as if to convince herself.

James paused as he adjusted his shirt sleeves, then lifted his cool gaze to size up Amelia.

On her face, there was no sadness, only a hint of exitedness....or relief?

James frowned and asked, "You're glad it's over?"

Amelia nodded like she didn't care.

"Yes, I'm not young anymore. It's time for me to get married and have children. I can't always be your contract lover, can I?"

What a perfect lie! She laughed at herself in her mind, it was impossible for her to get married, or have children, but infront of James, she had to leave with dignity and grace.

She forced a smile and asked James, "Does that mean I can finally have a normal boyfriend once I leave here?"

James's eyes were filled with deep and unidentifiable emotions. After staring at her for a while, he put up his watch and turned to leave.

"Do whatever you want."

Those were the last words he said before he left.

Looking at his back, Amelia's smile faded.

James hated it when other people touched his things, including his woman, but he didn't react when he heard she wanted to have a boyfriend.

Seems like....

He really is sick of her.

After James left, Andrew, his assistant, walked in with the pill.

He handed the pill to Amelia and said respectfully, "Ms. Garcia, please take it as usual"

This was a birth control pill. He didn't love her, let alone allow her to get pregnant.

After having sex, Andrew would always come with the pill and he would stand there watching to make sure she took it.

Staring at the pill, Amelia's heart started to hurt.

She wasn't sure if the pain was caused by heart failure or James's cruelty, but regardless, it was so intense that she struggled to take a breath.

"Ms. Garcia....."

Seeing that Amelia didn't take the pill, Andrew urged her with a nervous expression, afraid that she would cause trouble on the last night with James.

Amelia glanced at him, took over the pill, and put it in her mouth. She didn't even drink water with it and forced it down.

Andrew let out a breath of relief, then he took an apartment deed and check from his briefcase and placed them infront of Amelia.