Chapter 120 - Multi (8)

Start from the beginning

Sometimes, when people meet, they encounter someone they’d prefer to avoid. Someone who makes them uncomfortable, even if they haven’t done anything particularly wrong or problematic. Right now, Kang Woojin was exactly that. Slightly below ‘ordinary.’ That ambiguous boundary subtly seeped through.

Ha Yu-ra, with narrowed eyes, spoke to Kang Woojin, or rather, to ‘Corporal Jin Sun-cheol.’

“Corporal Jin Sun-cheol. What are you doing, standing there blankly?”

Startled, ‘Corporal Jin Sun-cheol’ stammered.

“Th-that- I’m sorry.”

“…What about the task I assigned you this morning?”

“Ah-ah, right away, bi- I’ll do it right now.” (TL: ‘bi’ here is an unfinished word; full word is ‘bitch’)

“Hmph- Okay.”

The saluting ‘Corporal Jin Sun-cheol’ had different levels of intensity in his gaze. It varied depending on whom he was looking at. The actors interacting directly with Woojin could feel it.

‘Is he adjusting his gaze slightly for each person he looks at?’

He distinguished between those he could slightly disregard and those he couldn’t. It was shown through his gaze. At this moment, ‘Corporal Jin Sun-cheol,’ who was exchanging lines with Ha Yu-ra, chewed on his lips.

He was biting the flesh inside his mouth.

He spat it out and let out a voice that was utterly different from his usual tone.

“Fucking bitch.”

At this point, Director Kwon Ki-taek, seated at the head of the table, stroked his chin.

‘Did he separately prepare the voice’s emphasis, rhythm, tone, pronunciation, and projection of the voice?’

Kang Woojin was controlling even the voices of the two personas. Soon, he returned to his usual self as if possessed, once his turn was over. He casually flipped through the script.

At this, Director Kwon Ki-taek curled his lips slightly.

‘It wasn’t two people sitting there but three.’

He almost seemed like a person with multiple personalities.

The next day, August 4th.

Based on a bestseller by writer Akari and directed by the japanese master director Kyotaro, Japan was currently abuzz with the movie ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger.’ Then, yesterday, an unexpected article was thrown into the mix.

『The original work of writer Akari Takikawa, ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’ directed by Kyotaro Tanoguchi, casts a Korean actor in a leading role. Who is this Korean actor?』

The article first appeared on Japan’s number one portal site. It was prominently placed on the main page of the entertainment section. And now, the number of responses has surged.

Given the topic’s popularity in Japan and its placement on the main page, the japanese public’s reactions are quickly piling up—in real-time.

– Is this article true? Is a Korean actor really appearing in it?

– I don’t think it makes sense; this news is probably just a rumor.

– Not even a supporting role but a main role?? If this is real, I wonder which actor was cast???

– Whoever comes to act, please don’t ruin ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’…

– If it’s a main role, could it be a top Korean actor? Who’s been cast? I’m curious!!