2. My Infamous Rose

2.

The news shocks me completely. President Snow is in my home. I follow my Mother out, and leave Cato gobsmacked behind me in my room. What does he want with me? To tell me that my love for Cato isnt real? No, I will prove to him, love cannot be over thrown. Mother, ushers me through the study room where a white haired man sits his back to me reading a book. I approach him, my feet scraping the polished floor. My head pounds, and I take deep breaths.

"Ah Clove, you have indeed kept to your word and punctual as ever," he jokes as I take my place opposite him. A tray, with green tea and buscuits is laid out in front of us, Mother.

"Why President what brings you here?" I say hiding my displeasure.

President Snow laughs, a raspy bitter laugh. I stretch my mouth into a smile.

"I am here to speak to you, my dear." I squirm as he calls me 'his dear'. That doesn't sound nice, not at all. President Snow fixes the rose that is upon his blazer, its small delicate petals drooping.

"Okay," I say trying not to gag, his puffy lips form a small straight smile.

"You caused quite a spark in the arena," He says after a tiny sipmof Mothers unfamous green tea. I grimace. No.....

"Yes, I suppose I did. But I love Cato, I could not live without him." I say believing my firm words. Snow mutters to himself, as I grab an orange cupcake of the cake tray.

"I know. But others think you have caused some hazardous mayhem in the other districts," Snow starts and I grip my seats sides.

"You my dear are Something to watch out for." Snow says gently. I don't trust him, he is a slippery snake not to be trusted.

"And I intend to watch you," He adds and I gulp intensely.

"W-what do you mean?" I say my voice in a whisper.

"My dear, you know what I mean, you have caused uprisings in some Districts. Some of my fellows think that your love for Cato was all just...an act." Snow says happily and finishes his tea. I stare at him coldly.

"I can show you. My love for Cato is real. One hundred percent." I say bitterly. Snow raises a bushy white brow at me.

"It's not me you have to impress," He says bravely and gets ready to stand up.

"Well Miss Green, it was nice talking to you. I wish you good tidings, and good luck for the future. And of course the next Hunger Games." Snow reaches to shake my hand. If I didn't shake his seeking palm, I would probably be hanged. Snow is that formal. I shake his hand, wishing he would loosen his grip. He lets go.

"Thank you," He straightens his tie and smiles strikingly at me. He unlocks the brass doorknob and steps out into the hall, engaging with my Mother immediately. I stand watching him leave, the cupcake crumbling in my hand. I stand, my mouth hanging open. What did he mean? Mother returns, after seeing Snow out.

"Well that was un called for," She says sweetly taking away the tray. I nod my head, still in shock.

"Come dear, lets go." Mother says waiting for me at the study door. I follow her out, and I swear I smell the mixture of blood and roses. Snow.

______________________

"What did he want?" Cato says instantly as I return to my room. He's waited here all that time. Dedication.

"He was congratulating me," I say lying to keep him safe. Cato nods, absorbing my lies in. He wraps his arms around me, and I let him.

"We're out of the Games," He says. I sniffle.

"We will never be,"

*****************

Hey,

Hope you like the second chapter of book two. I'll try to make the updates longer, but I don't always keep to my promises. Snake like Snow, eh? Ugh, puffy lips. ...

Comment and Vote xx ;)

Loads of love x

~MissKatniss~