Chapter 116 - Multi (4)

Start from the beginning

‘The Japanese variety show crew seems somewhat solemn?’

They were distinctly different from, say, PD Yoon Byung-seon’s team.

‘They look like a documentary team? Anyway, it’s good for my persona to work well in this quiet atmosphere..’

His cynicism solidified. Unaware of this, PD Shinjo judged Kang Woojin in his way.

‘He’s quiet, which isn’t unusual in Japan, too, but he’s a newbie in his first drama, ‘Hanryang,’ right? But he seems like he’s experienced a lot. Why?’

The Kang Woojin before him exuded a more heavier aura. Moreover, PD Shinjo’s research on Woojin’s filmography was anything but ordinary. Starting with the renowned director Kwon Ki-taek, who had a reputation in Japan, the projects he was set to join had big names involved.

And he had debuted less than a year ago.

That fact alone piqued PD Shinjo’s curiosity. Not just in Korea, but a newcomer with a track record like Kang Woojin’s was unprecedented in Japan.

Furthermore.

‘All the works he appeared in were hugely successful.’

The rookie actor had not yet experienced failure in his career. The more he dug, the more peculiar he seemed. And he was fluent in Japanese. He knew that Korean entertainment companies provided early foreign language education to new talents, but Kang Woojin’s proficiency in Japanese didn’t seem to stem from that.

It was at this moment.

“PD.”

Kang Woojin, who had been quiet all this while, finally spoke up. Of course, it was in Japanese, and the following lines were given by Choi Sung-gun.

“Thank you for coming all the way to Korea. Can we hear about the plans you have in mind?”

The more Woojin spoke, the more PD Shinjo was impressed by his fluency in Japanese. The atmosphere and aura were 100% Korean, but the Japanese he spoke was incredibly natural. That disparity radiated an indescribable charm.

Anyway.

“We are planning to focus on the four villains in ‘Hanryang.'”

Even as PD Shinjo explained the plan, he had a strange certainty about Kang Woojin.

‘It should definitely be him,  Woojin should be the main focus; he will make the whole show come alive.’

August 1st, morning. A media company.

The newsroom was sparsely populated, perhaps because it was morning. Among them, a reporter with a protruding lower jaw was intensely focused on his laptop screen. His hands moved rapidly, clicking away.

-Click, click.

His slightly bloodshot eyes suggested he hadn’t slept much. He was a reporter who had stumbled upon a post about Kang Woojin’s past in an online community. Since yesterday, he had been frantically searching and gathering data and information.

“Tch, there are too many comments on YouTube. It’s annoying.”

It started with online communities, and now he extended his search to YouTube. Next, he targeted SNS. Including Kang Woojin’s own SNS, which had well over 1.5 million followers.

@Wooji_n

Posts: 71

Followers: 1.538 million

Following: 9

He had to sift through countless SNS posts that mentioned or tagged him. It was an incredibly tedious and endless task, but the reporter’s passion was ignited.