Fifth. Set futures

" you shouldn't be nervous, you know? From the stories I hear about uncle Lucy he is quite accepting, to everything of the unconventional, and unique

" you shouldn't be nervous, you know? From the stories I hear about uncle Lucy he is quite accepting, to everything of the unconventional, and unique." Clara denotes noting my lack of enthusiasm. She is leaning her weight on the border to the nursery, Edward's 'bedroom' where I organised and built Caitlyn's nursery. Cate stands in her bassinet, I had dressed her in a white and grey denim overall.

Under the dress, long sleeve onesie. conventional and appropriate climate suited outfit for forks weather. " it's not dad I am nervous of, Clare."

It is how I am in a house full of vampires, each are all here because of me. To have the devil, my father, travel and take time to aid my troubles. Visit his granddaughter, under these conditions, I wanted to be better.

" all of this could have been preventive.. if I just tried persuade Laurent, to be a good mate. and not provoke him, as I did." All of this is my fault. I know I shouldn't wallow in self-indulgence; pity but the reality is real. No denying it.

Clara smiles, sympathetic. She, wordlessly, comes to my side directing her stare on Caitlyn. " you did what was necessary. To protect your family, your sister, Malachi. And wouldn't have this moment to cherish, if you didn't." While she spoke her hand never left my body, laying her head upon my arm. " this is something worth for fighting." She's right.

I would give my life if it means Caitlyn, Bella, and everyone is safe.

" Malachi. I don't mean to ruin this sweet cousin bonding, it's quite adorable, but your father. He is here, darling." Esme notifies, doing a soft knock three times. " I can take Caitlyn if you wish." I know she is eager to hold her grandchild. I couldn't hold that over her.

" it's okay, Esme. I am capable of carrying Cate. It's fine. Dad is here to meet her." She nods, comprehending my wish, understanding of me wanting to hold my daughter.

The house is quiet. Edward, Kate, Garrett and Felix relocate outside to train Bella on expanding her shield defence. Edward had insisted he advise and help, as an excuse to not be in the house with dad.

Leah anointed herself, guarding Ness as she slept, 'protecting' her not fully trusting the nomadic vampires. having a nap in Rosalie and Emmett's bedroom. Jacob is training new phased wolves in his pack, to practice and advocate rules of being a shifter. Seth, wanting to impress Jake, helped.

I find Paul inaugurating an all too uncomfortable start to a short conversation with my father, buying time. visibly become relieved noticing I was in the room.

" Dad." I say, bashful; shy. I was never shy and I was not sure why I am. Clara, for support, intertwines our arms. My dad turns, giving his full attention.

His eyes enlarge in curiosity. Caitlyn has her fist inside of her mouth, in the teething stages. " My word. Aren't you just an adorable creat- I mean girl." I internally roll my eyes. He has never been the greatest fan of children.