Two. Party tragedy

Entering the double doors of the school building, I allow Bella to walk past and in first. She begins turning, shuffling her feet back, reversing her steps walking in the same pace as Edward and I. " I find it a little rude of Jacob to hand you a gift, on the day of my birthday. An after thought in his mind, he was staring at you as he'd discover the sun for the first time. gazing at it as if it was the most beautiful thing he had seen."

'Now Bella was talking nonsense. I wasn't the one to see it that way.'

" bella is correct, Malachi. Why is it you receiving the gift? Out of all days. a little conspicuous of his motives." Edward goes on to state, " I read his mind. Jacob disregarded the information, of being its Bella's birthday, and instead got the dreamcatcher for you." he mutters, in a volume to which I could only hear.

I was having trouble in believing Jake took no account of Bella and her birthday.

" I never have such dreams. they are never bad. If it's any correlation, quite the contrary to belief the ones I have are very pleasing." each corner to my mouth twists up, turning in a roguish grin, pleased. Bella's jaw loosens, Edward begins smiling; smug. " Malachi John decker! That is revolting. My virgin ears!" I splutter in a laugh, using an arm in deflecting her craven strikes.

" Come here." My hand latches on hers, " you know you love me and my inappropriate mind." She throws her head, holding in giggles, to my tickling. " but I am being serious. Here. I am quite sure Jake will not mind you having this." I place the talesman in her open palm. " No, you know I like to mess around, Kai. Jacob created it for you. It is an important and quite meaningful. Don't take what I say serious." She moves my hand back, the material of the shirt I had on pressing on my skin. " keep it."

" Alice." Edward says." has a present for you. Bella." His words made me arch an eyebrow. I direct both eyes of mine to Alice, with grace, bound over a railing of a pile of steps. Jasper was standing at a safe few steps away, beside a green structural foundation pole. He offers a pleasant nod, I return the same. Bella goes to talk, her jaw moving in going to speak, but is adjourn.

" happy birthday, Bella!" her words are whispered when bringing her in an hug. I gave a questioning stare, wondering to what she is planning. " this is for you, a beautiful green Saturn dress. I have seen you open it, guess what, you love it. I had a vision of you wearing this to your party!" My eyes expand in size, bella faces and turns to where I stand an inch behind her, a grey plaster box being presented. " party? Vision?" She questions.

" It was meaning to be a surprise, Alice. But yes, I planned for this party to happen at her and Edwards house. Tonight, at seven o'clock. Now you know, surprise!" I use a shimmying motion of both my hands, in a mock 'surprise'. Bella face twists, " I know you are not the greatest fan of parties and surprises. eighteen is a mark of adulthood and should be cause of celebration."

I was doing my best part in convincing Bella this is planned, only it wasn't. Alice talking in regards of a party was the truth, but I was wanting to tell her. Tonight and not now. 'Way to reveal what I wanted to do, Alice' I pout.

" Yes! I agree on what Malachi is saying, Bella. Come you, please." I knew Jasper was making use of his ability to control, manipulate, the emotions on her; giving the next words to come out were " I... guess I accept and deal.. sure." It worked. Alice gives an excited clap, " this is very exciting. I will see you tonight, oh! I just not forget to tell you, Malachi. I saw in the vision of that necklace you gifted Bella! So beautiful. Okay! See you." She leaves, before Bella could have a change of mind.

" I am not going to ask the meaning of vision, or why I was so quick to entertain and accept the idea of even attending a party."

" trust me, Bella, when I say Alice is unique."