Tenth. Angel wings

Malachi's Point of View

I could never think of a time in my life to which I felt nerves, like I was experiencing, the second Bella and I came back home from our school field trip to the community green house in Seattle. Given I was about to reveal the abnormality, which is my true identity, who I am. Malachi decker Morningstar, the son of the actual devil.

The fallen Angel that was historically and biblically villainised, to who had a child with a human.

My mother, Chloe decker.

It certainly did come as quite the revelation, to me. I always did acknowledge I was certainly different, to those my age. My mom never was the woman to see the truth, choosing woeful ignorance to believing the facts in her face. Incomparable she is, and love her as I do, I couldn't help but see how different I was treated when I was growing with age.

I wouldn't exchange my mom for any other woman. if I had to choice to be reborn, I would ask my grandfather, god himself, to give her as my mom over again.

Bella, bringing me out of my mindful thinking, puts her bag down where Charlie sits reading the news paper. I caught the falling backpack, before it could touch the tiles of the kitchen. " thank you, Kai." She snorts, pushing her knuckles in the place where my elbow is located.

" your mother called, Malachi. she and your father, they were arguing on who should speak to you. Your father, Lucifer, was going on about taking the law into his own accord. what he is talking about, I do not know." Charlie explains, the can of bud light in his hand crinkling.

'Dad and his overdramatising.' I hid the smirk that wanted to show.

" if you meet Lucifer, dad I should correct, you will understand he can be presumptuous with his words. He means well, but would never act on his words." 'Not unless a situation, where it is permitted, Like an impersonator. that pretended to be him'. I tell Charlie, he does a curt murmur. " he sounds like a peach." I give a muted chuckle out of my lips.

" you know, dad. I actually had the honour of meeting Lucifer, at his sixteenth. It was at Chloe's house, he isn't bad as you think he is. I actually found him hilarious, that is where I like to think Kai got a part of his personality from." Bella adds in, turning on the faucet filling a glass with water.

She glances over to where I stand, still holding her school bag over my right shoulder.

" you will like Kai's dad, once you meet him. he has a charisma, where it literally is not hard to not like, or can't hate him."

Charlie glides his tongue over the corner of his lips, nodding his head in a slow motion.

" Well, I can certainly take your word, and believe you. Bells, honey." A light flush of colour crosses Bella's cheeks, a coy fluster showing. " Kai, let's go." She places down the glass, stain with drops of water, moving her head to signal in having our discussion outside. For privacy.

" you can leave the bag on the chair, you don't need to bring it with us."

I walk behind, following Bella. I open the back entrance of the house, allowing her to step out first then I step out. the crisp air pinching at my face, but I didn't allow it to effect me. " I think it is a good idea we go for a walk. Come on." Bella suggests, interlocking our arms drawing my body to the way of the forest.

'A nice stroll in the forest, nothing could go wrong. Besides mountain Lions possibly attacking us.' That was not a thought I wanted in my imagination.

When we are a distance from the house, behind hundreds of trees for kilometres and the only ambience was birds chirping, I halt my walking. Bella, to, stops then looks around in confirming there was no other person who could be possibly lingering the dense forestry.

'It is time to tell her now, there is no more secrecy.' an acute breath leaves my nose, the nerves growing.

" I just want to remind you, Bella. this.. this secret of mine, I don't want you to think less of me. Or be afraid. And if it comes to you, the idea of not wanting to associate with me, that is your valid reason of choice." my hands begin quivering, emotions and scenarios overwhelm my mind of the possible results of me revealing who I am.

" Kai. you are my best friend, and could never scare me." She is gentle to grasp each of my hands, solacing her words with a smile of support. Comfort. " what you tell me won't alter, what I think or feel about you." These words brings the pace of my heart, that races with anxiety, to slow. I let our hands fall, when I take a turn on my heels and walk five feet from where Bella stood.

" my uncle amenadiel, you have met him, was specific with his words that only those you trust. Family, are allowed to know of who I am."

I let my eyes close, focussing on imagining an image of wings and I feel a tingling go through my spine. The vibrating motion of my wings sounds, the rippling reverberations moving over my shoulders. My eyes stare into Bella's, her eyes and face show a disbelieving shock. 'I suspect as much her reaction' my wings retract back into my body, there is nothing to be heard.

Only our breathing, which is staying steadily still.

" you have questions, I like to think." I remove my gaze from Bella, staring at the leaves and soil. A snail was migrating to a turn over leaf. there is a swift pause before I feel my body being embraced, by Bella. She was hugging me, I expect her to have ran off, and never look behind, and back to me. I didn't perceive the lone tear that left my eye, not feeling it leave my eye lid. My body leans into Bella's touch, I return the hug. a consolation of relief and ease easing my dwelling and overwrought of anxious feelings.

" my suspicions were correct. you are an Angel, Kai-Kai." She says, cleaning the tear off from my cheek. " why are you crying?"

" you could call it relief. That me being who I am, scared you." I profess, putting my hand over Bella's. " you didn't need to be afraid to tell me, who you were. Kai, but I do understand it was your secret to say in time."

My mouth turns into a smile. " your secret is safe. With me, Kai." Bella re-encases me in her embrace, I hold on to her with a gentle grasp.

Having Bella as my best friend, since we were in literal diapers, as the days and years went on it was easy to say when she has turn into more then just a friend. My words were nothing, if anything, the truth. She is my sister. I couldn't have made it where I am, helping me learn of my sexuality to coming out to my mom. Dan, my second father, and my dad was very accepting.

Too acceptable, even as having his endeavours in finding a 'boyfriend' for me.

Which fail greatly.

" this is a straight out question. But, could you show me your wings. Again?" Bella questions, with a coy smile. " you want to see my wings, again? Okay. I am not objecting to that, they are pretty to marvel at. Are they not?" I flex out my wings, with a grin. Bella's eyes glint with a fascination, " are humans allowed to touch.. the feathers? Can I?".

" Sure, you have permission." I watch Bella stare, with an amaze beam of her face, bringing a delicate hand to touch the feathers. A light pant of her breath, indicating her wonder of how soft they felt. The smile never leaves my lips.

In the distance, appearing indiscreetly, a baleful and sinister figure can be seen leering at Malachi. The flare of his nostrils, an indicating growing hunger, a repressed growl leaves his mouth. 'An Angel? Walking the earth? your blood will soon be mine to have and feed on. I will have my taste of you.'

He doesn't create a noise stepping away.

' You will see me soon enough.'

-

Author speaks:

This is the tenth chapter finished. Everything has been revealed, Bella knows Kai is an Angel now. Sorry about the shorting of chapters, I am trying to make it less and less short but I can only write so much before I stop. I don't want to make mistakes, and have my writing incoherent, I have done that before. I have state previously, I will try to write long enough chapters. I just want to thank you, again and I will repeat these.

Thank you for reading my book.

Your words of support mean everything to me as a writer, they make me want to continue with my writing.

®️Twilight.