Twelfth. Vampire Revelations

It was a rare day for the run to fully shine. There was no cloud coverage, a time I was pleased by and could greatly benefit from. a rarity for the town of forks, seemingly, when it was consistent with being covered in rain clouds and continuously raining. I could certainly could detect there was still a persist in cold temperature. Just below the sixties. Endurable enough, to not need a full body coverage.

There was a thought, which was staying on my mind. The old Quiluete legend and story.

My fingers move in an aimless fiddle, the blue post it note, that had on the name of a book store 'thunderbird and whales' in port Angeles, feeling heavy weighted. My eyes move over the kids in the courtyard, Tyler was skilfully throwing a soccer ball one foot to his second one.

That is not who I was searching for.

" He is not here."

My eyes try to not automatically roll, when hearing Jessica. " whenever the weather is nice, the Cullens disappear." My ears move, with this statement, now facing Jessica. It was just me, alone with her, Bella had ran a fever the time we return from La push. I wanted to stay back at her place, to help, persistently making points that I should have not attend school in the case of me needing to take her to a doctor. If her symptoms did not ameliorate.

But she had sufficed in making it a consultation that Charlie was there, at home. To care for her, in case there was anything that she would need.

" so, you are saying Cullen, Edward just ditches school. When it's conveniently nice and change in the weather? That doesn't sound disreputable." I un-loosen the stork of the apple I was holding, in thought. " No. doctor and Mrs. Cullen yank them out for hiking and camping. I tried that on my parents, I was not even close. I don't know how they convince the board of education, and principal, to allow Edward and his siblings to miss school."

I register this information, taking a bite of the apple. I use a curse word, or two, feeling residue slide on my palm. " Guys, I am going to prom with Eric!" Angela, frolicking happily, comes over with the widest of smiles.

" I just asked him, I was in full control. it was the help of you, Malachi." She embraces me, her slender long arms holding me with a firm clutch. I feel elated hearing this, frivolous with the news. my hands, giving a soft touch and pat, rest on her shoulder blades.

" it was all you, Angie. I just directed you in the right place." I say, tenderly. In the months I had arrived in forks, not including Bella who I am literally been child hood friends with since diapers, Angela came to be a genuine friend. she is insightful, caring, and I could feel safe talking to her.

" we should go shopping in port Angeles, before all good dresses are cleared from the store. Are cleaned out." 'The book store is located there.' a plan forming, I am disinclined in asking to join Angie and Jessica in shopping for prom dresses. one point outweighing, I wasn't a suitable choice in going to a store full of clothing for women. but Angela, I am assuming reading my face, shows a slow smile.

The school bell shrills, alerting for us to attend our classes.

" did you want to join Jess, and I, to choose dresses. For prom?" Jessica, appearing to have heard good news, beams. " sure! I am not saying I don't have the greatest interest of fashion, I do obviously look at me. But you, like, also have good sense of fashion. Am I right, Angela?".

I try to pretend reluctance, touching the back of my shoulder. " am I the right person of gender, to ask? I don't want to feasibly tell and say the wrong words. Or have my opinion invalidate your choice, of which dress you choose." I hope my impotent acting was convincing, then I breathed out a sigh when they share a giggle.