Eighth. a gaze that lingers

" This was not necessary, you know. I am not even injured." Malachi told Bella, his forearm facing up for the nurse to check the needle insertion. The nurse assisting, Jackie, was mindful to how steady the pacing of his heart beat sounded, on the sonogram. Given he had experienced being near death, and his words made it out to be an inconvenience.

Tyler, not having once close his mouth and having to repeat his apologises of losing the control over his van, winces at the cut above his left eye.

" it is better to be thorough, than miss even a small minor bruise." Jackie explains, " I have to point out, Mr decker. you are lucky to have walked away from being hit by Mr Crowley's van. You had a guardian Angel, looking out for you."

Malachi feels the twitch of his eyebrows, and a slight turn of his mouth, suppressing his laugh he wanted to give. The irony of her words was making it difficult to not feel witticism, about how the situation is. " you can say I do have one, I know him personally and well. actually. he is, one word, family." His words are not registered in her mind, the needle of the syringe filling with nothing, it perplexed the nurse, louring her eyes in a frown.

" this is strange, such an oddity has not happen before." Pressing two fingers down on the pulse, feeling the veins for flowing of blood. A strong pulse was felt, which Jackie could only feel but it had her questioning as to why there was no blood in the vile.

" are you keeping hydrated, Malachi?".

Bella, with curiosity, leans over inspecting his arm. 'That is strange.' Jackie's eyes blink, wanting to question what she was seeing. The metal of the needle bends, and ejects the material out, piercing the saline packaging.

eyes displaying an emotion of surprise, Bella stares at the hole puncture in the plastic which contain saline solution. a hand on Malachi, she puts pressure in her grasp and gives a not too self assured smile. but there was a linger of a dubiety.

Malachi notices the minuscule change of her facial expression.

mouth agape, Jackie unclips the ball tip pen
from her board. " I am just going mark on the ballot, injuries not sustained." she mumbles, " doctor Cullen will be in shortly. I will just be checking on Mr Crowley, just a few steps to your left. Just call if you wish to need anything."

Charlie comes in the out patient section, where he heard from the doctors spoke. His eyes meet Bella's, then shifts to Malachi, a visible reaction of relief follows seeing there no harm that came to the two children. He, in several strides, goes to where they sat. " Bells, Kai. You are safe. you, Crowley, and I going to have a serious talk after we are done here."

" Tyler didn't do nothing, Charlie. It was out of his control, and how could he know the van was going to swerve off course. I am in one piece, am I not?" Malachi tries using his words to deflect, and not make the chief of police angry to tyler. he fixes his body, seeing the man earnestly staring. an all Serious look. " you could have been killed, Kai."

" dad. Please." Bella coughs, casting a look to Tyler who was staring— with guilt at Malachi. " Malachi stepped away from the accident, just in a short time before the van could do any serious injuries. he just jumped out of the way, it was amazing." Her explanation made for her father to give Malachi, wanting further word of explanation to the 'story', a stare.

" is this true, Kai?"

" you can say I had a quick reaction and my amazing agility abilities came into cause." Charlie ponders on his inquisition, to know more of how the boy he saw as a son came out unscathed and escaped the impact of being crushed by a car that weighs the same amount as a boulder. But he pushes away the thought, taking notice to how Doctor Cullen comes waltzing in.