Fifth. Playful teasing

The first lesson of the day being biology, made Malachi want to groan audibly. It was a fact that he had the smart intellectual capabilities, which came hereditary from his mother, but he detest having to learn the topics of molecules and science. the misinformation printed on pieces of dead trees made into notebooks, only to be recycled each year. 'I would be rather be any where else then here.'

" mister Molina." Mike Newton, an over eager boy that was trying to use his influential charm and prepossessing attitude of being the 'cool' popular kid to impress Bella, does a low whistle— making the teacher, Mr. Molina, who wore circular glasses take his notice away from the pile of questionnaires which were print out for the lesson.

" Ah, hello. Miss swan, Mr decker. it is nice to make the acquaintance, of our new students to join the spartans!" Bella gnaws on the soft tissue of her cheek, trying in repressing a laugh noticing Malachis face failing in hiding his lack of enthusiasm to Mr. Molina welcome. " be nice. he is just giving a nice welcome." she uses a volume of tone which only allow Kai to hear, touching his forearm curling her hand around his tricep, and embracing his arm.

She feels a sense of staring, a piercing glare, and meets Edward Cullens cold stare. one hand is on the black granite table-top, the crystalline formed board splits from pressure. no one notices.

the oscillating fan which was powered on for white noise, turns to where Bella and Malachi were standing. a powerful scent enters Edwards nostrils, he could only describe as the smell of rain. the calm light shower after a storm, it was a soothing essence. and an allusion of fresh grass, the same when a winter solace leaves.

He had never felt so hypnotised from the aroma of a human— then he did now.

'I need to ask Carlisle about why I am having this reaction. This feels an oddity which I don't have any understanding of, and need an answer. ' Edward let's his mind wonder with questions of uncertainty, only being made aware to the boy and Bella, which he learned from mikes mind— his thoughts could not be more loud, being led to where he sat.

The teacher, Molina, motions to the seat " Mr decker, you may be seated here. next to Mr Cullen, and miss swan I have a place for you, at the back with Mr Newton." Mike, hearing his name and Bella, causes him to waves vigorously.

Eric titters at his friends behaviour, saying Mike was acting like an ignoramus dullard. Or in simple words, an idiot, to simplify the words for him." see! Mr. Newton is more then delighted to be your partner, I see."

" great." Bella shows her sarcasm, making Malachi snort.

He reaches and pulls out the creaking stools, a rusted grey colour, and situates his body down. Edward, pupils growing in size at the proximity and how much intensity of his scent was, grapples the pen in his hand but not using enough strength to make it bend. It was not repulsing Edward, no— he wanted to lean towards him, and just inhale his smell.

" all right, guys, today we are going to be observing the behaviour of planaria. Or flatworms."

two Petri dishes are given and placed in front of each student.

" you know, I can feel your staring. you are making it less conspicuous, when I can see you facing me, Man." Malachi makes it a point in leaning an arm over, using his thumb and finger he points with to place the small glass shallow dish. Edward begins to feel confound, no one was brave to talk to him like he heard him say.

" my deepest apology. sorry for my staring." Edward responds, his mouth twitching wanting to smile. " I want to believe your mother taught you staring is rude. did she not?" Malachi, humorously, says placing the fibreglass in direct contact under the class light. looking at the worms.

Edward, an abash expression crossing his eyes, wanted to reply with a impertinent tone, gives a humorous laugh. " I can assure, that I was raised a gentleman my mother wanted." Malachi eyebrows facetiously rise, mouth curling into a smirk. he pushes the dish over to where his notebook was open, on the chapter which showed a diagram of each worm on earth. " well— what is the gentleman's name? I mean, I do know your name. but I want to be properly introduced."

giving his hand to Malachi, Edward notes on there was no blemishes on his skin. " I am Edward Cullen." he introduces, voice steady and watching a spark enter his eyes. " and the name's, Malachi..decker." There is pause, as Malachi thinks of which surname to us.

Now focusing and close to spotting each delicate feature on Malachi's face, Edward notice his lip colour was a dark shade of natural pink. Eyes appearing as the colour of the sky after a fierce storm. images reiterate in his thoughts to Alice and the visions she experience just two days before. He was more beautiful in person, and it made a realisation settle in his body. this boy is his destine future.

A despondency feels falls over his face, but is quick to hide his sad feeling. " now, class, on the topic of regeneration of worms. a well known misconception about worms in being able to re-grow their missing body limbs is a half truth. They do not grow straight back. each time a limb is cut clean off, the time is less for the growth." Mr. Molina draws over the diagram of a flat-worm.

Malachi notices Edward and his change of attitude, reserving back to being dismissive. he goes to say a word, but the acute bell ring indicating the class was ending, only to have Edward stand from his place— rushing out of the class.

'What strange behaviour. he was fast as well to leave.'

-

" I don't understand why Edward was acting rude to us. It was surprising to me seeing him make and hold a conversation with you, I have to say, Kai. was he short with his answers? I saw your smile. Don't think I didn't." Bella jabs a finger in Malachi's bicep, he relays his playful annoyance by clutching her arms and gives an hug; affectionately. She tries her best in turning her arms, out of his hold, his hands fall and rest on her waist.

He turns the door handle to the cafe, a bell singling a new customer alerts Charlie who sat in the his designated place in the corner.

" bells. Malachi. I see you are good spirits." Charlie states, wanting to smile at how full-spirited Bella appears. " Malachi met a boy." Bella elbows Malachi, in his ribs. " you? Meeting a boy?" says Charlie, a questioning raise of an eyebrow. " is it anyone I would know? I would say Mike Newton, but he doesn't seem like the reasonable type to date."

" it is definitely not Mike Newton, Charlie." he breathes noisily, with a crinkle of his nose. 'Newton is definitely not gay. though the way he acts with Eric, it would not come as a surprise. and, he is not my exact type.' Malachi turns the diner seat for Bella, wanting to laugh at his own wondering mind.

A waitress, Cora, comes walking over balancing three different plates of meals. " I just cannot get over how grown up, you are. So gorgeous. and who is this young and handsome man, here? your boyfriend? oh I wonder how you feel about your little girl having a boy. chief." Cora teases.

Bella sputters out a small laugh.

" he is not bells boyfriend, Cor. this is Kai. he is her best friend since they were in diapers." Charlie informally explains, hearing the sound of utensils touching the ceramic surfaces of the plates.

" oh my golly gosh! young Kai. I remember seeing your mother, what is her name Chloe, come to this very cafe. you liked our peach cobbler, much like Bella, and your mom use to feed you."

Malachi covers half of his face, out of embarrassment. As Cora continue talking about memories from a decade back. Bella appeases to his grunting, snickering, Charlie gave an amused shake of his head.

-

Chapter five completed.

Edward and Kai finally have met. I wanted to change the way Edward was in the movie, dialogue wise and his reaction to Kai being so close. I hope you like to alterations I am making.

®️Jasmine.