Joe Colborne (Calgary Flames)

Requested by @jglovemebb13 :)

You step out of the car slowly, baby carrier in hand. You glance down at your newborn son and smile. He's beautiful.

"Here babe, I'll get the door for you." Your husband Joe says as he strides to the front door. He opens it and you place a kiss on his cheek before walking past him and into your home.

"Are you ready to see your new room, James?" You coo at your son. James looks up at you with big eyes. You chuckle and Joe leads you to Jame's bedroom.

"This is where you'll be staying in a few weeks little guy." Joe says quietly to his son. You and Joe both agreed that it would be best for James to sleep in your bedroom for the first few weeks so that it would be easier to get to him when he needs something.

"I think he's getting sleepy." You giggle as James begins to close his eyes.

"You're right, let's put him in bed." You and Joe walk to your bedroom and Joe carefully places James in his crib. The two of you watch over James proudly.

"I left my bag in the car, I'll be back." You whisper and Joe nods his head, still watching James.

You run out to the car to retrieve your bag, then walk back inside the house quietly so you don't wake your son. As you get closer to the bedroom, you can hear Joe talking. You stop just outside the door, and listen for a minute.

"I'm gonna take such good care of you little guy, I promise. Even if you decide you don't want to play hockey someday, I'll support you. No matter what. I love you." He whispers and a tear slips from your eye. You wipe it away quickly.

"Everything alright in here?" You ask and Joe looks to you with a smile.

"Yeah, everything is great. He's sleeping like a little angel." Right as Joe says this, James begins to cry.

"Aw man, you jinxed it!" You complain and Joe chuckles.

"Oops." He says sheepishly.

"I think he needs a diaper change, isn't that right?" You coo at your son, then take him in your arms.

"You can take care of that." Joe teases and escapes the room before you can hand him the baby. You roll your eyes at your husband's childishness.

"He claims he's gonna support you no matter what, but doesn't even want to change your diaper." You joke as you speak to James. After you lay James onto the changing table, Joe peeks his head into the room with a blush.

"You heard all that?" He asks and you nod your head with a smile.

"Yeah, it was a turn on." You say and Joe comes back into the room.

"You think so?" He asks with a smirk and wraps his arms around your waist.

"Yeah," You whisper, "you know what is even more of a turn on?" You ask.

"What?" He asks as his eyes full with lust.

"When you change Jame's diaper." You say then run out of the room, leaving Joe with your son.

"Good one, Y/N." He calls out to you and you laugh.

"You just might get rewarded if you do." You call back teasingly. It's silent for a moment, so you go into the room to check on Joe. He just placed a new diaper on James and spins around to face you. He walks over to you, his face inches from yours.

"About that reward..." He trails off and places a kiss on your lips.