Jason Zucker (Minnesota Wild)

Happy Easter everyone! Requested by @NHLObsessed Enjoy! :)

"Jason, are you almost ready?" You ask your husband. You two were driving to your parents house for Easter, and were running a bit late.

"I've been ready for an hour now." He tells you with a chuckle. You laugh, then quickly slip on your shoes, and head to the car. The drive to your parent's house is quiet except for the music softly playing on the radio. Once you get to your parents house, Jason brings in the deviled eggs and you bring in the bread rolls. You let yourselves in and are greeted by more than half of your family. Easter is a big deal at your house.

"Y/N! Jason! Happy Easter." Your grandfather says, pulling you both in for hugs. You make your way through the house, greeting different relatives until you find your parents.

"Hey kids, Happy Easter." Your mother says, giving you both a kiss on the cheek. Your father hugs you, then shakes Jason's hand.

"Good to see you." He smiles at you both. Later in the day, your aunt announces that it is time for the kids to find the Easter eggs. Everyone makes their way to the backyard to watch the kids search through everything, hoping to find a colorful egg filled with candy. As you and Jason sit with your parents and grandparents, your mother strikes up a conversation.

"So, should I be expecting to be a grandmother anytime soon?" She teases. You choke on your champagne, and Jason pats your back to make sure you are okay.

"What?" You ask your mother, very surprised by her question.

"You know, a baby. Are you going to have a baby?" She asks a bit louder. Your grandmother's eyes widen as she hears the last part of the conversation,

"A baby! You two are having a baby?" She exclaims, clearly excited. The backyard becomes quiet, everyone staring at you and Jason. As you try to explain that you and Jason are not having a baby, all of your aunts and uncles crowd around you, asking all sorts of questions and congratulating the two of you.

"Wait, wait, wait!" You say getting their attention, "We are not having a baby. I'm sorry for getting your hopes up." You tell them, embarrassed about the huge commotion. They look disappointed, but apologize and continue on with the party.

"Oh. I'm sorry Y/N. I thought I heard your mother say you were having a child." You grandmother apologizes.

"It's okay, grandma. Don't worry about it." You say, rubbing her arm affectionately. You notice that Jason has been silent throughout this whole situation, making you uneasy. You did want children, but you hadn't talked to Jason about it yet, and now you were nervous that the whole idea of having children freaked him out entirely. Not long after the baby incident, you and Jason decide to leave. You say goodbye to your parents and start the long drive home. The drive is silent until Jason speaks up.

"Y/N, we need to talk." He says. Your heart races and you dread the conversation that is about to occur.

"I'm listening." You tell him.

"I've been thinking about what happened today and I want to have a baby." He states. Your eyes widen in shock.

"That is such a relief. I want to have a baby too." You tell him.

"Did you think I wouldn't want to have a baby with you?" He questions, obviously confused about your first statement.

You shrug your shoulders, "I don't know. I mean, you were really quiet after that whole incident. I thought you might be freaked out about having children." You say quietly.

"Well maybe at first, but then I thought about it and realized that having a baby with you would be incredible. I think we would make great parents." He tells you and your heart flutters.

"Okay, let's have a baby." You say excitedly.

"How about we get started on that when we get home." He smirks.

You giggle, "How about we pull over and get started right now." You tease, making him laugh. The rest of the ride home, he holds onto your hand, and rubs soothing circles onto the back of your palm. You can't wait to start a family with this man.