Andre Burakovsky (Washington Capitals)

Requested by seguin-toews88 Enjoy! :)

"Andre, can you help me pick out a dress for tonight?" You ask as you two walk into your bedroom.

"Sure, what are best friends for." He says with a grin, and takes a seat on your bed. You push through the clothes in your closet, picking out a few dresses.

"Which one looks good enough for a dance party?" You ask, and he ponders over them for a moment. He points to a black one.

"I like that one, try it on." You step into your closet and slip the dress on. You step back out of your closet, and into Andre's view. He stares at you, not saying anything.

"Do I look that bad?" You ask nervously, and he shakes himself from his own thoughts.

"No, you look...gorgeous." He says quietly, and you blush.

"Thank you. Now, I need to get ready and so do you." You are his 'date' for a party that one of his teammates was throwing. He stands up slowly, still acting kind of weird.

"Okay, I'll pick you up in a couple hours." He says, then heads out of your apartment. That was weird. He never acts like that around you. You wonder what got into him. Deciding to brush it off, you continue to get ready.

A couple of hours later, Andre lets himself in and finds you in your bathroom putting the finishing touches on your makeup.

"Hey, long time no see." You joke, and he chuckles nervously.

"Are you almost ready?" He asks, and you finish adjusting your eyeliner.

"Yes, let's go."

The drive to the party was awkward. Usually you and Andre can talk about anything and everything, but he is silent.

"Are you okay? You've been acting really weird." You say to him and he shrugs.

"I'm fine." The drive is filled with more awkward silence, and you are relieved when you finally reach the party. You and Andre walk in together, but as soon as you spot Nicklas, you leave is his side.

"Hey Nick." You greet him with a hug.

He smiles at you, "Hey, why aren't you with Andre?"

"He's acting weird." You sigh. Nick looks at you confused.

"What do you mean?"

"He's been really quiet since we left my place. He won't even look at me." You answer.

"Well, maybe he's nervous." Nick suggests. Now it's your turn to look at him confused.

"Why would he be nervous?"

"I don't know, maybe he likes you." Nicklas wiggles his eyebrows suggestively and you blush.

"He doesn't think of me like that. We're just friends."

"Okay, whatever you say." Nick replies, clearly unconvinced. You see Andre making his way towards the two of you and Nick quickly finds an excuse to leave.

"Do you want to dance?" Andre asks you and you are caught a little off guard.

"Um okay." Andre takes your hand and leads you to the dance floor. The song turns from a hip hop song to a slow song and Andre grabs your waist. You wrap your arms around his neck, and he pulls you closer, which surprises you.

As the slow song ends, you and Andre just stare at each other. His eyes flicker to your lips, and your heart beats faster in your chest. He leans in, and kisses you. You are surprised by how much you are enjoying this, but deepen the kiss. His hands grip your waist tighter, and he smiles a little against your lips. Finally, you both pull away for air.

"I'm sorry if I caught you off guard, I just wanted to do that all day." He admits and you grin.

"I was a little surprised, but I liked it." He smiles at you, and Nicklas interrupts.

"I knew you were more than friends!"

You laugh, "Shut up, Nick." You tell him and he chuckles, then pats Andre's shoulder, and leaves the two of you alone.

Andre looks at you confused, "What was that about?"

"It's nothing." You tell him, then pull him in for another kiss, which he happily complies with.