Matt Martin (New York Islanders)

Requested by @marieloves17 :)

"Matt! Hurry, I think she's coming." You call out to your husband. Matt rushes into the living room to see you breathing deeply.

"The baby?" He asks and you give him a death glare.

"Do I really need to answer that." Matt gives you a sheepish look and helps you to the car.

"Let me get the bag real quick." He says and rushes back to the house. You are hit with another contraction and wince in pain. Matt hurries back to the car and begins the quick drive to the hospital.

"Fuck." You mutter as a stronger contraction hits you. Matt places his hand in yours for you to squeeze.

"Just breathe, sweetie. We're almost there." He comforts you and you begin breathing in deeply to cope with the contractions.

Once you reach the hospital, you are wheeled into a delivery room to meet with your doctor. Matt takes a seat beside you, and your doctor enters the room.

"Hello, Mrs. Martin. It seems as though you are not fully dilated yet. You're close though, so I'll come back to check in a few minutes and hopefully we can have this baby." She says with a smile. You manage to muster a smile back and she exits the room.

Another contraction hits you and you groan in pain. They're getting worse, and you're having trouble coping with it.

"Matt, I'm scared." You whimper and he grabs your hand again.

"Of what, honey?" He asks quietly and moves some hair out of your face.

"What if...what if something happens." You say, a tear falling from your eye. This is your first baby and you have no idea what to expect.

"Hey, everything is going to be fine. You're going to give birth to a healthy baby girl, and you're going to be okay. I love you, and I'm right here for you." He says and places a soft kiss on your lips.

"I love you too." You sigh, still feeling nervous. The worst contraction you've ever felt strikes through your body and you scream in pain. Your doctor rushes into the room with another nurse.

"Ready to have this baby?" She asks and you nod quickly, forgetting about your worries.

"Yes, yes, yes! Just get this out of me!" You yell, not able to bare the pain anymore.

------
A few hours later, you are holding your daughter in your arms. Matt is sitting next to you with a camera and is snapping pictures of the two of you like there's no tomorrow.

"You're going to run out of room on that before you can even get a picture with your daughter." You chuckle.

"You're right. Hmm, selfie!" He exclaims and proceeds to take a selfie with you and your newborn in a joking fashion.

You laugh at his childishness and say, "Great, now I have to raise two kids." Matt chuckles at this and the nurse comes back into the room.

"Do you mind taking a picture of us?" Matt questions the nurse who happily shakes her head in agreement.

"Of course, get together now." She says and Matt cuddles in close to you, with your daughter in between. The nurse snaps the picture and hands back the camera to Matt.

"Thank you." You say and the nurse gives you a wink.

"You make a beautiful family." She compliments and leaves the room. You sit in a comfortable silence for a moment, taking in the fact that you are now a parent.

"See, you were worried for nothing. Everything is absolutely perfect." Matt whispers and you smile. Closing your eyes, you relax into your bed.

"Yeah. I love you." You say and Matt kisses your forehead, then your daughter's.

"I love both my girls." He says sweetly, and your heart flutters. Everything really is absolutely perfect.