Chris Kreider (New York Rangers)

Requested by @brenna1517 Hope you like it :)

"I just don't know if this is going to work." You say to Chris, tears filling your eyes. He looks scared.

"Wait, no. You can't give up on us Y/N. Please don't go." He begs you. The tears finally escape your eyes, and you pick up your bags.

"I'm sorry, I just don't think I can handle coming second to hockey." You tell him, and walk out the door. You hear him calling your name as you get into your car. You take one glance back at him, and can see tears in his eyes. You look ahead of you, still crying, and drive to your best friend's house.

"Y/N? What happened?" Y/F/N asks as she opens the door for you.

"I just ended things with Chris." You tell her, breaking down again.

"Why? What did he do?" She seems confused about why you would just end things with Chris all of a sudden.

"I was just sick of always being second. His life revolves around hockey, and it feels like there's not enough room for me anymore." Y/F/N looks at you sympathetically.

"Y/N, look at yourself. You're worse off without him than you were when you were with him. Don't do this to yourself. Go back to him. He makes you happy, and trust me, you always come first to him." She says, rubbing your arm soothingly. You look at her, knowing that she is right.

"Oh God, I royally fucked up." You groan, placing your hands on your face.

"Just go to him, he'll take you back. He loves you." Y/F/N assures you. You sigh and slowly stand up.

"Okay, thank you. Wish me luck." You say, then get back into your car and drive to yours and Chris's place. You pull into the driveway, and nervously get out of your car.

You step into the house, and you're shocked to see that it is wrecked. There are a few broken hockey sticks on the floor, along with a smashed picture of Chris with his team.

"Is that what you really think?" You hear Chris ask from behind you. You turn around to face him.

"What?" You ask. You notice that he has been crying.

"You think I put hockey before you." He says quietly.

"Is it not the truth?" You ask him.

"No, it's not. I love you, and I'm sorry if I made you feel like you're not a priority to me. I promise I won't ever make you feel that way again." He says sincerely. You walk to him and pull him into a hug. He holds you tighter, "Please don't ever leave again."

"I promise I won't leave." And you kept your promise, as Chris kept his. He never made you feel like hockey came before you ever again.