Jason Dickinson (Dallas/ Texas Stars)

Requested by andasavebyturco :)

"Don't you understand this is my job?" Jason shouts at you.

"Yes! I know that, but I would think you would want to actually spend time with me. We haven't had any alone time in a month." You yell back, and Jason groans in annoyance.

"You know I have a busy schedule. I can't just take a break whenever I want because you're lonely." It's silent for a few moments, you and Jason just stare at each other, seething.

"This is too much." You whisper finally. Jason nods his head.

"Yeah. It is." You let a few tears out as you grab your purse and head for the door.

"Goodbye." You mutter to him and slam the door shut. The next day, you grabbed your belongings from the apartment and moved in with your best friend, and you hadn't seen Jason since then.

--------- A few months later

Your best friend walks into your shared apartment and sets her school bag down on the counter.

"Wanna grab a coffee with me?" She offers. You look down at your three-day-old clothes that most likely reeked. You had been doing terrible with out Jason. Not able to find the energy to change your clothes, shower, sleep, or eat without your best friend forcing you.

"Um, okay. I need to change and shower real quick." You tell her and she nods sympathetically. After you get cleaned up, you and your friend walk down to a nearby coffee shop.

When you enter, the bell above the door jingles and a few heads turn to see who entered. One of those heads is very familiar and a knot grows in your stomach. Jason is here.

"I need to leave." You say, panicking. Your friend grabs your wrist and stops you from leaving.

"No, just hear what he has to say." She pleads and you give her a surprised look.

"You knew he would be here?"

"Yes." She answers guiltily, "He asked me to bring you here so he could apologize. He loves you, Y/N." You look at Jason again and he is practically begging you with his eyes for you to stay. You sigh in defeat and make your way to him, reluctantly taking a seat in front of him.

"Hi, Y/N." Jason says quietly. You mutter a small 'hello' and Jason clears his throat. "I-I'm so sorry for the way I treated you. I should have spent more time with you and treated you right. The truth is, I didn't know what an amazing girlfriend I had until I lost her. I still love you." He admits and your heart starts to speed up.

"Do you mean that?"

"Of course I do. If you take me back, I promise I will make more time for you and I will always love you. Always." He states and a small smile plays on your lips.

"I love you too. Always." You admit and his eyes light up with joy.

"Come on, let me take you back home." He says while grabbing your hand and taking you into his arms. After that, he kept his promise. He always made time for you.