Martin Jones (L.A. Kings)

"Why do road trips always last so long?" You ask Martin sadly. You were currently talking over Skype after one of his games.

"I know it seems like they last forever, but I'll be back soon." He tells you. "Listen, I have to go. We have to catch our flight soon and Sutter will kill me if I'm late." He says, apologetically.

You frown, "Okay, I'll see you when you get back in a few days. I love you." You say, blowing a kiss to the screen. He chuckles,

"I love you too, see you soon." You both hang up, and you decide to get some sleep.

Sometime during the night, a loud noise wakes you from your sleep. You sit up, wide eyed. Someone was in the house. You grab your phone dialing Martin's number. No answer.

You slowly get out of bed and tip toe to your closed bedroom door, putting your ear against it. You can hear footsteps on the other side, making their way to you. You panic, grabbing the bat you keep under the bed, not having enough time to call the police. The door opens slowly and you run to attack the intruder. Before you can hit them, they grab the bat.

"Whoa, whoa Y/N! What are you doing?" You squint your eyes at the intruder, then turn on the light to see Martin standing in front of you. He puts the bat on the floor.

"Martin? What the hell. I thought you were a robber." You say, whacking him on the arm.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you." He chuckles a bit. You laugh too, realizing how funny the situation is.

"I thought you weren't gonna be home for a few days." You say, and he pulls you into a hug.

"I know. I wanted to surprise you though. So, surprise." He grins, then kisses you softly.

"Well, next time can you make sure not to make so much noise? I almost killed you." You giggle.

"Yeah right. I so could have taken you." He laughs. You turn the light off and jump in bed, waiting for Martin. He changes into PJs and slides into the bed next you. He wraps his arms around you, pulling you closer.

"I'm so happy you're back." You whisper. He tightens his grip on you,

"Me too. I love you." He whispers back.

"I love you too." You both drift to sleep in each others arms.