Tyson Barrie (Colorado Avalanche)

Requested by MrsMattDuchene Hope you like it :)

Dates were not something you did often. In fact, you never dated. Well, until your friend Gabriel set you up on a blind one.

"Gabe, I don't need your help with dating." You tell him sternly, and he rolls his eyes at you.

"Says the girl who hasn't been on a date, since like ever." He has a point. You hesitate before you answer.

"Fine. Will you at least tell me who you're setting me up with?"

He smirks, "Nope. The whole point of a blind date, is that you don't know who the other person is. I'll give you a hint though. He's on my team."

You groan, "Oh God, that is so awkward." He just laughs at you.

"I know. Be at the bowling alley by six tonight." You sigh, obviously not having a choice now.

That night, you nervously enter the bowling alley, looking for any of Gabe's teammates that you recognize.

"Hey, Y/N." You hear from beside you. You look at who was talking to you, and see that it is Tyson. Of course Gabe would set you up with the guy you had a crush on.

"Hey." You grin nervously. He pulls you into a hug, and you blush. This is why you didn't date; you were too awkward, and blushed at everything.

"I got a lane, and shoes for you already." He says, then leads you to a lane.

"I have to warn you that I'm terrible at bowling." You tell him, and he chuckles.

"That's okay, I am too. It should be interesting though." He jokes, and you giggle.

You pick up a ball, and roll it terribly. It rolls straight into the gutter, and you blush, feeling totally embarrassed. Tyson laughs a little, then comes up behind you.

"Here, try it like this." His chest is pressed against your back, and he grabs a ball, putting it in your hands. He grabs it too, and helps you roll it. It knocks down eight of the ten pins.

"We did it!" You exclaim.

He smiles at you, "Yeah, pretty good." You look at him suspiciously.

"I thought you said you couldn't bowl." He rubs the back of his neck nervously, before he answers.

"Yeah, about that. I might have extended the truth a bit. But, I felt bad because you seemed to be struggling." He admits.

You giggle, "Well, thanks for the help."

He grins, "I also liked seeing you blush when I was helping you. It was cute."

You chuckle, "It's not cute, it's embarrassing." He rolls his eyes at this.

"You're cute and you know it." You blush again and he laughs, pulling you into a hug. "I like you." He says.

You grin, "I like you too." Maybe this dating thing wasn't so bad after all.