UGD: Guarding the future Kage

After dragging the unconscious shinobi into the toilet booth, Yami stripped him of his shinobi clothes and anything that could indicate him being a shinobi. Yami tried to find some kind of identification related to the shinobi which would tell his name or something about his clan but the man contained nothing of that sort.

Yami pressed his pressure points and gave him a sedative to keep him unconscious for the rest of the day. After wearing the shinobi's clothes and using transformation jutsu, Yami turned into that shinobi completely.

After leaving the washroom, he looked around to see if this guy had come with someone else but no one was paying attention to him so he started to leave when suddenly he heard a shout from the bar.

"You better not run away Shin." The bartender shouted. Yami looked around and saw the bartender looking at him furiously.

"Why would I run away?" Yami said with an awkward smile. The last thing he wanted was to be the center of attention.

"This isn't the first time you are leaving without paying. The fact that you are a guard at the Tsuchikage building doesn't mean you can take freebies. Pay me now." The bartender said in a threatening voice.

The other shinobis who were also drinking just glanced at Yami and went back to drinking.

"This is every day for Shinhe just drinks here till evening and then sleeps till its time for his shift at the Tsuchikage building. What a life." Yami heard different people talking.

'Turns out I took the face of a known troublemaker. It is actually a good thing because if I make any slip-up, people will just ignore it thinking its one of Shin's antics.' Yami thought as he went to the bartender and paid for the drinks.

The bartender did look a little surprised as he saw his worst customer pay all the money he owed without any argument.

After leaving the diner, Yami decided to go into the high rise areas where Kurotsuchi lived. For the first half n hour he walked around her house a few times, when he noticed that the two shinobis had come out of the house and the one Kurotsuchi was talking to left the area.

The remaining shinobi were now standing outside Kurotsuchi's house. He sat on a chair nearby yawning. Yami decided to go and make some small talk with the man. Even though Shin the man that Yami had transformed into, worked at the Tsuchikage building, he wouldn't have access to go too far inside and even get a glimpse of the Tsuchikage.

"Heyyou on guard duty today?" Yami asked as he approached the guard.

"Shinwhat brings you here? You being sober so early in the morning is really a surprise." The guard chuckled. He was obviously looking down on Shin which was something Yami counted on.

"Yeah just paid my all my dues at the dinerso ran out of money." Yami said to which the guard smiled and said "Ohhhnow I get it. You're here to pick up some extra shifts. And now you are eyeing my shift, aren't you?"

The talk continued for the next few minutes and in the end, Yami convinced the shinobi to let him do his shift.

'This idiot wasted so much time to just go from here. If I wasn't unsure about Kurotsuchi's sensitivity to chakra, I would have just used genjutsu on this idiot and made him go away.' Yami thought as he waited for the guard to leave the area. Just as he thought the guard went straight toward the diner.

Knock Knock

Kurotsuchi heard the door to her house being knocked. After a few seconds, she opened the door and saw Yami standing outside her door with Shin's face.

"Who are you? And where is the guard?" Kurotsuchi asked as she peeked out the door and looked to the side.

"I was told to replace him as he was needed somewhere else. But that is not why I came for." Yami said.

Kurotsuchi was a little bit suspicious because the way Shin talked to her seemed way too casual. Even though she was just a jonin, her being the granddaughter of the tsuchikage garnered her a tremendous amount of respect so it was new for her to be treated like a normal shinobi.

"Ohthen why are you here?" Kurotsuchi asked.

"Actually someone from the Tsuchikage building just came and said that Lord Tsuchikage has asked for you to meet him urgently." Yami said.

"Huh? But I just met him an hour or so agoand he said that he was too tired and would go home to sleep." Kurotsuchi said.

'Dammitwho knew that old man would bail out so early in the morning.' Yami thought. He cleared his throat and said "The messenger said that you knew where to meet."

"He did? This doesn't sound right. Why would someone from the Tsuchikage building bring a message when Grandpa is at home." Kurotsuchi asked as she turned around to put on her utility bed. Yami understood that Kurotsuchi was getting suspicious about the whole thing but she had pinpointed Shin to be a part of it. So he decided to take the initiative and said

"Lady Kurotsuchi this sounds suspicious. Should I go and find that shinobi who brought the message? I think you should stay here until we find out if the order was truly given." Yami said which made Kurotsuchi believe that this guard was doing just as he was told.

She just smiled and said "Even though there is a mixup in the orders, there is no issue. Just in case, he did ask for me I should go and meet him or else he might throw a tantrum later. I just hope he might have changed his mind." Kurotsuchi said halfway just talking to herself.

"I will come with you as well Kurotsuchi-sama. If my group leader finds out I let you go somewhere alone, he won't let me hear the end of it." Yami said lightening the mood. Kurotsuchi also didn't pay much attention either and just nodded.

As they left Kurotsuchi's house, she started walking toward the Tsuchikage building. For a minute Yami thought that Kurotsuchi was just testing him by saying that his grandfather was going to his house but she didn't turn left when the main gate of the Tsuchikage building came. This puzzled Yami a little but seeing that none of the guards around her were as flustered as him, he understood that she was telling the truth and they were now going to the Tsuchikage building.

After passing by a building or two, Yami saw a big bungalow that seemed to be heavily guarded and the only bungalow he saw greenery in. The rest of the village was just stone, mud, and sand but here, there were plenty of flowers and they seemed to be carefully taken care of.

Kurotsuchi noticed Yami looking around and asked "Is this your first time coming here at Grandpa's house?" to which Yami nodded immediately. He still had to maintain the persona of a naïve guard.

Without saying anything Kurotsuchi pushed the doors open and stepped inside. Just as she took a step inside, she peeked back out and said "I need to talk something secretive with Grandpa. So except Shin here, have everyone else leave the premises but stay on guard from outside threats and eavesdroppers."

The guard gave a polite smile to Kurotsuchi but as he turned toward Yami, he gave him a grudging look. Yami didn't have time to waste over a jealous colleague so he just ignored it and went inside.

As they stepped in, the first one to welcome them was a man in his 40s who was serving food on the table.

He looked back with a surprise and said "Kurotsuchi...what a surprise...If I knew that you would be coming for breakfast as well then I would have made something special."

"Huh? Grandpa call me here. I thought you would know about it as you handle all his meetings and communications as well." Kurotsuchi said.

"I do...At least I thought I did. Wait...let me see if Lord Onoki is ready. He does like to give some urgent orders bypassing me but this is rather unusual." the man said as he went in.

"Is there a problem Lady Kurotsuchi?" Yami asked. Kurotsuchi was a bit surprised by the sudden respect Yami had shown her but she said "It's nothing Shin...Grandpa acts illogical all the time. Even uncle, who has been with him for the past 20 years wasn't surprised."

Kurotsuchi then walked ahead toward the main hall and sat on the sofa. She looked at Yami as she pointed at the served food and said "Shin, bring the breakfast here and stand behind me."

Yami's eyes glistened as he heard this. He nodded and went toward the food that was already on the plate and the food in the pot. He stood in between the food and Kurotsuchi's line of sight as he pulled out two vials of clear liquid.

"Bon Appetit Shorty" Yami smirked as he opened the vials.