The Bishop's End

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

In the middle of all that explosion was Yami standing. With his devouring law already activated, with a single command Yami started devouring the ones he killed. He could feel that he had gained quite a lot by devouring these cultists. The shriveled ones had nothing the offer because the energy that was giving them the power had already left their body on the other hand the ones that burst still had that energy in them.

'That energy must be the corrupted energy that old man talked about. I still can't feel it like something different but I hope I can soon by devouring enough of it.' Yami thought.

While all this happened, the genjutsu cast on the Bishop was broken. He may not have realized the Genjutsu but the energy inside him was fighting to regain control and now it did. As the Bishop came back to reality and saw his collections being blown up into smithereens, he became quite enraged.

He realized what he had done...it was he who injured and weakened his own people and helped out Yami in taking care of them.

"I WILL KILL YOU" the Bishop shouted as he bolted toward Yami with both his hands holding onto the thorny vines.

He swung one of his hands toward Yami making the vine make a whipping sound as it moved toward Yami but Yami just ducked and with one strong push he whizzed closer to the Bishop almost reaching his elbow and turned around 180 facing the Bishop's hand. And with one swift movement, he swung his hand and the hidden blade toward's the Bishop's hand severing it completely from the elbow down.

"Wow, he just cut off that man's arm. I would never have had the guts to do that." Sakura said and she wasn't wrong. Most people would have tried to dodge the attack or block it but launching a counterattack to something you know nothing about would either be considered stupidity or too much self-confidence.

"But why did he do that?" Sasuke asked to which Naruto looked at him in confusion and asked "What do you mean? Yami is strong so why wouldn't he try something bold like that?"

Sasuke was surprised to see Naruto complimenting his little brother but he didn't say anything and looked at Kakashi.

Kakashi shrugged and then looked at Naruto and said "Sasuke is talking about Yami's attack. Yami was close enough to the Bishop's chest to rip out his heart or at least stab it but he didn't instead chose to just cut off one arm which most likely can either be rejoined or regrown considering that he has the same regenerative powers the cultists did."

"Now that you say it...it does make sense but I am sure he had his reasons. Let's focus on this fish until then." Guy said making everyone's attention turned back to Kisame.

Yami on the other hand had just shocked the Bishop to his core by his attack. The Bishop quickly stumbled back and in that hurry, he didn't put up any defense so Yami just with a few swings of his bare hands sent wind blades at the Bishop.

The Bishop tried his best to block those blades with the second vine in his other hand but by the time he could do it, two blades had already smashed onto his chest sending a spray of blood in the air.

2 cultists immediately rushed to the Bishop's rescue and covered the injured man. "Bishop, are you alright?" one of the cultists asked to which the Bishop spoke in an angry tone "You idiots...do I look alright to you? Why didn't any of you break the genjutsu I was in? Was it fun for you to watch me become a puppet to that kid's mind?"

The cultists cursed the Bishop in their minds because they had been attacked once or twice by the bishop himself when he was in a genjutsu.

"Bishop we tried to get near you but your vines were too quick to stop us. We had no other choice but to separate in different directions and wait for you to break the genjutsu yourself." one of the cultists said.

The bishop understood that the cultist was indirectly blaming him for being weak enough to not break it any sooner. Yami wasn't a saint either...he quickly doused some kerosene in the fire and said "Heh...I was so bored by this old puppet that I stop my genjutsu."

This was more insulting than anything for the bishop. He didn't know that the corrupted energy inside him fought the genjutsu or was Yami telling the truth but right now this sentence demeaned the Bishop's power even more. This enraged the Bishop even more and he also noticed the two cultists giving him a look.

"You idiots are doubting me? Me who picked you from the garbage and made you strong?" the bishop said and put his hand over to one of the cultists. As this happened, the cultist made a painful expression which confused Yami as to why he did that but the next second, the reason was clear because the cultist's body started changing shape and it started merging with the Bishop's body.

In just 3 seconds, the Bishop looked at his severed arm which grew at an astronomical speed. He then placed that arm on the shoulders of the 2nd cultist who was already trembling in fear seeing his partner merge with the man they had just bad-mouthed.

The 2nd cultist tried to run away but the Bishop dug his nails and fingers into the man's flesh not letting him go.

Yami was curious as to what was happening and what would be the end result so he let them perform the entire process. The two bodies of the cultists convulsed into different shapes and continued to merge into the bishop. Their screams also started to become faint as time went on.

In the end, the Bishop ended up becoming an 8-foot big buff man with his veins threatening to burst from inside his body and 1 vine coming from each finger of his hand making it 10 vines and the vines looked as if they were alive because they were wriggling in the air.

"YOU LEFT ME NO OTHER CHOICE BRAT...THIS IS YOUR END" The Bishop said with Bloodshot eyes and sent all the 10 vines toward Yami.

Yami unsheathed his sword which now had a thick layer of purple lightning dancing on the blade. "This purple lightning of Yami is strong but will he be alright while depending on it to this extent?" Gaara asked.

"The Kazekage is right sensei...those 10 vines are no joke. We don't even know how deadly they are." Lee said but Guy just glanced at Yami once and continued his fight with Kisame.

As for Yami, he just stared at those vines coming toward him. Just as the vines were about to reach him, he took one step forward and instantly disappeared. Everyone thought that Yami had used body flicker jutsu to dodge the incoming vines and that was a quite logical assumption but the very next second Yami appeared in the same spot but this time he wasn't facing the vines instead he had his back toward the vines and he was now sheathing his sword.

"What does he think he is doing?" Chiyo asked with eyes widened in surprise. She didn't understand why Yami appeared in the same place and why he put away his sword.

Before Elder Chiyo or anyone else could say anything they noticed that the vines had stopped just a few centimeters away from Yami and the Bishop wasn't moving anymore suddenly the vines started falling on the ground cut in random sizes.

All eyes turned to the bishop and very soon they were shocked to see that red lines started appearing on the man's large body and each section fell cleanly on the ground. After 2-3 such sections falling, the entire body collapsed and the dismembered body lay in the bloody pool.

"We saw Yami disappearing and appearing at the same place with just a change in his direction but in reality, he had already cut the Bishop into several pieces." Kakashi said.

Naruto tapped Sasuke's shoulder and asked "Were you able to see it happen Sasuke?"

Sasuke who was in a daze shook his head and said "Huh? No...I didn't have my Sharingan active but I doubt even if it was active, I wouldn't be able to see much.