By a Thread

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

Moji just shrugged his shoulders and said "When have you known me to let civilians get a free pass? Think about it...What will happen if Hideki finds out that his nephew died because of the stubbornness of you four."

"Are you thinking that the hidden leaf will declare war against us just because one of their spy's nephew died? The hidden leaf is a peace-loving village. They aren't going to start a war." Yoshiro said.

The Terumi siblings and the advisors were listening to what the leaders on both sides were dishing out.

"You don't seem to have come here in good faith Moji." The old man said.

"I came to ask you for your surrender. As long as I am negotiating with you, that's the best deal you can get. If I go to the hidden leaf with this, you might end up in a worse state. They have a new Hokage now. Don't know how she will react." Moji stood up from his seat and so did the two people sitting on both sides.

"I think you should go and prepare for the war Moji or else everyone will think it's a war between us the bloodline clans and the hidden stone. In the end, they are the ones who call the shots anyways." Riko taunted and it surprisingly worked as Moji gave him the stink eye.

Asami giggled a little and said "Come on Riko, you can't throw facts at his face like that."

"I see you guys still haven't realized the seriousness of the situation yet. I still haven't talked to the kid since he has been kidnapped. He doesn't even know who did it." Moji said. He was indirectly threatening them that he will twist the story however he wants and present it to the hidden leaf.

"I think you need to leave Moji. Go take care of the preparations." the old man said and sat back down.

Moji didn't say another word and just left. The people standing in the mansion had never seen such a short and direct negotiation. But none of them said anything as they knew both sides weren't ready to end this peacefully.

"What was his intention when he came here?" Elder Wu asked but he didn't say it loudly enough for the clan leaders to hear. From the ones near him, Enko looked at him and asked "Sensei, what do you mean?"

"Moji and his people have killed a lot of people from our faction and we have killed theirs. They can be no peace among us. Moji isn't the kind of guy to bow down for his people that are suffering so when conflict is certain, why would he even come here? He definitely didn't think that we would back down after the 4th Mizukage's death.

Santo just shrugged and looked at Mei who was standing beside him. Even though she was being groomed to be the next Patriarch, there were many things where her father had kept her in the dark, and the only one who knew everything was AO.

Mei leaned forward as she looked at the confused faces of the siblings Kana and Santo and said "I came to the conclusion that Moji isn't sure whether having Yuta in his custody is enough leverage to demand anything from the hidden leaf. The new Hokage has not done anything which would help others predict her next step. And it could even backfire."

"Backfire? What do you mean sister Mei?" Kana asked.

"What if the new Hokage does decide to give attention to a spy's nephew? What if she sends a squad to break into the Mizukage faction and get Yuta back?" Mei put forth her thoughts on this.

Kana's eyes widened and a smile bloomed on her face as she heard this "Sister Mei, that would be the best wouldn't it? It will save Yuta and even weaken the Mizukage faction."