Unwanted Attention

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

I understand...What are you going to do?" Tsunade asked.

"I don't need to. I am sure that he will make a move soon but he won't face me until he is sure of it. Leave my spilled blood here...let it increase his curiosity." Itachi said and body flickered away. Tsunade glanced at Itachi's blood and then continued to walk toward the Hokage Building.

Since this matter was a village secret and supposed to stay that way, Shikamaru decided to take Temari somewhere else. He knew that she will be leaving soon so he was showing her around in the village. The rest of the crowd except Team Kurenai and Asuma who knew most of the things went to the Hokage office. They were interested in knowing what actually happened in the hidden mist and what was currently happening in regard to Yami.

As Itachi and Tsunade left the training ground, 3 figures dressed in black appeared from nowhere and stood surrounding the fallen blood. One of them kneeled down and collected as much as he could and then the three of them disappeared instantly.

"The bait is set...let's see if the fish bites it or not." Itachi's voice came from the terrace of a house that was far from the training ground. Due to his Sharingan, he was able to see this happen even if it was far.

Itachi's eyesight was slightly affected due to his use of the Mangekyo Sharingan but Itachi's ocular powers were still strong enough to see someone who was at a distance.

In a gloomy room, the eyepatched and single-eyed Danzo was sitting reading some files.

"Dammit...this Tsunade...what does she think she is doing? She is blocking me from picking up kids for the root from the orphanage and now the people that I had planted in the shinobi force are going missing?" Danzo muttered as he threw the papers at the man standing beside him.

"I am sorry Danzo-sama. But when we sent Sai as a replacement for Yami Uchiha, Tsunade promoted the Uzumaki girl and put her in the team." the root shinobi who just got showered with documents said.

Danzo looked at the root shinobi and grit his teeth as he said "You idiots...I told you to gather information about every participant of the chunin exams then how did you fail to tell me that there was a girl with the last name Uzumaki."

The root shinobi looked down in embarrassment and said "The hidden grass village didn't give us the correct list and added the girl's last minute. Many from our research department began to hound me to bring her to them so they could experiment on her."

"Of course, they would...she can heal anyone who bites her and also has the Uzumaki chains. She attracted the attention of Naruto Uzumaki and the others due to which Tsunade took her in and even assigned a legal guardian for her." Danzo said. He had tried to subtly threaten Hayate so that he hands her over to the root but Hayate turned out to be more stubborn than Danzo thought and rejected it.

"The girl's other legal guardian is from the Anbu so we can't touch her. Ugh..these past years have really put me in a tight situation. Koharu and Homura's death has also caused quite a stir at the elder's table and now more and more elders are siding with Tsunade." Danzo muttered when another root shinobi walked in front of him.

"Danzo-sama I have some news." the root shinobi said.

"What is it?" Danzo asked in annoyance. He was not in the mood to take anymore bad news.

"My team spotted Naruto Uzumaki and Sasuke Uchiha fighting an Anbu under the supervision of Lady Tsunade and the toad sage Jiraiya." the root shinobi reported.