From All Fronts

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

Yami you may be right about this but it doesn't mean that he is weak to chakra. It only means that an attack that has chakra imbued in it is the only one that is going to affect him. But we still can't stop him from healing nor can we stop him from attacking us." Asuma said and the others nodded as well.

The old man looked at everyone and quickly devised a plan. "We will split into groups of two. Kurenai and Asuma you have to keep the monster distracted so that he isn't able to focus on one of us at all times." The old man whispered.

Yami and Kakashi both of you will use your speed to stack injuries on his legs and underbelly. As far as I have heard about it, it tracks a person based on its chakra so make sure that you two are agile.

The rest of us will use our chakra to keep on attacking him or even cornering him so that he can't just escape to recover himself." the old man whispered the rest of the plan.

Although the plan sounded simple, everyone knew that the monster contained some amount of sentience so after a while it is going to get fixated on some and start chasing that person. When that happens, the others won't save that person but use him as bait. This was like an unsaid rule and everyone knew it.

Ji and Jiro were a little curious as to what the group was discussing but Ji was confident that even though they knew that attacks with chakra will affect the monster, the group that was in front of him didn't have that amount of chakra output to take care of the monster.

The group immediately split into groups of two. As the old man said, Kurenai and Asuma became one group while Yami and Kakashi became the 2nd group. As for the bloodline clan members, Asami, Mei, and Riko became one group while Yoshiro and the old man became another.

Yoshiro wanted to be on the same team as his daughter but the old man convinced him otherwise saying that they both can use lava release and that if spewed on opposite sides of the monster, it could limit its movements.

As the groups moved swiftly around the monster, the monster was looking at them and switching between the groups. The monster didn't like that no matter whatever position he was taking, he had his back toward at least one group. This irritated the monster that he decided to pounce on one group.

Luckily the group that he chose was Yami and Kakashi. They took advantage of the situation and instead of dodging, they slide ahead which made the monster land behind them. Yami pulled out his sword and with wind chakra applied to it, he slashed one of the joints of the leg. This took the monster by surprise. He looked at his leg where they was a small but deep wound and he was about to roar at Yami for doing this but Kakashi targeted one of the monster's front legs and cast a Chidori on it. This didn't create a hole through the body as it does for shinobis but it was good enough to make the animal cry in pain because of it.

RAWR RARRRRRR

"YES...look they were able to hit it simultaneously on the first attempt." Riko said as he pointed at the injuries of the monster. to which Asami shook her head and said "The wounds are too small and insignificant for the monster. They need to stack many more attacks like this for the plan to work."

Asami then launched an attack that attracted the monster's attention toward her and her group. This gave Kakashi time to run away from the monster's leg and regroup with Yami.

Yami looked at Kakashi who had a few beads of sweat tricking down his forehead.

"Using the Sharingan and then a jutsu like Chidori is taking a toll on you Kakashi." Yami said. He knew that Kakashi's body was using a lot of chakra to keep the Sharingan active.

"I won't be able to dodge effectively if I deactivate the Sharingan and you were the one who said that each attack of ours should have chakra imbued in it. The most concentrated and effective one is chidori in my arsenal." Kakashi said as he wiped his forehead.

"Deactivate your Sharingan. I will attack the monster first grabbing his attention and then you attack the same place making the wound hurt him more. The other groups will attack before the monster even focuses on you. As for your attack, why don't you use a shortsword? I heard your father used to use it and he was pretty good at it." Yami said. The last line about his father caught Kakashi's attention and he turned toward Yami.

Yami shrugged and said "Does it really surprise you that I wouldn't know about your background? I am sure you have a sword tucked away so use that now."

Kakashi pulled out a scroll from his utility belt and stared at it for a few seconds "Never did I think that I would use this and that too on the suggestion of a 10-year-old."

Kakashi then made a few hand signs which materialized a shortsword along with its scabbard wrapped tightly in a white cloth. This sword had been packed like this the day his father committed suicide. It was never opened since that day and was tucked away.

"I used a shortsword many years even after his death but it eventually broke and thereafter I didn't get a new one. This is my father's blade." Kakashi said as he unwrapped it and attached the scabbard horizontally to his utility belt on the back.

Kakashi pulled out the sword and focused on it until he could see the sword covered in lightning chakra. He looked at Yami and said "This will help me increase the attack's speed and penetration power."

"Then let's start" Yami smirked and rushed at another joint the monster to attack it. The monster was quite irritated by now as these people were bombarding attacks from all sides. This wasn't much of a free meal like Priest Ji had promised him.

The monster growled as he shook his head in anger. Ji understood that if the monster gets angrier then he might be the one who will get killed first.

"I will find a way to break their pattern. Just hold on for a few seconds." Ji quickly consoled the monster. He kept looking around to figure out the attack of everyone's pattern. Until now it looked randomized but he knew that the groups weren't just randomly distracting the monster.

After a few minutes, Yami and Kakashi had now made a number of attacks on the monster. Even though the plan was working, Yami could see that it was exhausting for the others, especially Mei and Asami who were injured just half n hour ago.

Yoshiro and Mei had covered many places with Lava which did limit the monster's movements but they were reaching their limit.

Yami also saw Ji whisper something near the monster's ear. Yami had a bad premonition about this but he knew that going astray from the plan at such a moment could have dire consequences. Just as Riko threw a water sword jutsu on the monster's neck, the monster took the attack directly on his neck instead of trying to dodge it. Just as Ji had predicted, the jutsu didn't cause any kind of critical damage to the monster. Usually, the monster would also jump toward the ones that attacked him so the group would dodge the attack sideways or backward. The monster's jump would also extend the distance between him and the other group which is going to attack him.

This time the monster did no such things which meant that the monster didn't go away from the group which was supposed to attack him. When all this happened suddenly, the next group which was supposed to attack was Yoshiro and the old man. They didn't cast their jutsu because the monster was not too far from them.

Due to their hesitation, for a few seconds, no one attacked the monster. The groups looked at each other in confusion because the pattern was now broken. Before anyone else could act, Ji pointed at the old man and Yoshiro and shouted "NOW"

The two clan leaders immediately became alert when they heard this but they didn't act on it because the monster's face was the other way and they were looking at his back and tail. They started to make hand signs to start the attack pattern again and launch a jutsu but they heard Kakashi shout "RUN"

The old man didn't know why Kakashi said that so he looked to the side where Kakashi was and that's when he felt a push coming from his other side. The old man looked to the other side and saw Yoshiro pushing him to the side and in front of them was the monster's stinger.

"FATHERRRR