Helpful or Insidious?

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

Mei's shout reached everyone's ears as they saw the stinger slash Yoshiro's flesh from his shoulder to the side of his waist diagonally. The old man fell to the side and quickly got back to his senses. He looked at Yoshiro who was lying just a few feet away from him with a big deep gash on his chest. Mei quickly rushed toward her father without caring about the monster who was about to pounce on him.

"How dare you monster..." Riko shouted and jumped at the monster but not before creating two spears made of water. In the air, Riko threw one spear at the monster. At first, the monster wanted to ignore the attack and take the damage as he did for the water sword but he sensed that the attack wasn't targeted at his enormous body but at his eyes. Due to this the monster lifted up his head and stepped back. This wasted Riko's attack but Mei was free of the threat that the monster would attack her.

Mei quickly crouched beside her father and tried to touch the large wound on his chest but she then heard Yoshiro cough up some blood.

"F-Father....p-please." Mei said with a shaky voice. She instantly turned her head toward Kurenai but said nothing and she didn't need to. Kurenai could see that her watery eyes were begging to heal her father and give her assurance that he won't leave her like this.

Kurenai knew that the wound was too serious for her to do anything in this but she still said "Asuma cover me. I can't let him die like that." Asuma knew that there was no use trying to convince her so he just nodded and gave her cover while she rushed to Mei and Yoshiro's side.

The old man also sat to the other side of Yoshiro and said "Yoshiro...you should have let my old bones break. You can't leave your daughter and clan like this. At least not in the middle of such a revolution."

Yoshiro smiled as he heard that and said "I-I know my daughter is capable enough to handle the clan and the village if need be." Yoshiro didn't stutter or stop for a single second while talking. He didn't want to appear weak when he was just a step away from his death.

By this time, Kurenai also reached his side and took out some medicine from her pocket. She started applying it before inspecting or doing anything.

Seeing her get so busy without saying or inspecting anything, Mei asked "Kurenai...how is he? He is going to be alright, right?"

Kurenai shook her head and said "I am sorry Mei but the chances of him surviving this are slim to none. Many of his organs are badly damaged and he is losing a lot of blood. Only someone who has jutsus which promotes healing or someone like Lady Tsunade can save him."

"B-But what about the 5th Hokage's medicine? Isn't that going to work? You did tell me that it was a special medicine given by her. It can save him right?" Mei said in a desperate while tears trickled down her cheek.

Kurenai showed the empty medicine bottle to Mei and said "I-I am sorry Mei. I used it all on your father b-but he isn't healing at the rate he should. His body isn't responding properly due to his mangled organs."

Mei was going to request Kurenai more but then her father held her hand. She looked at him and said "F-father don't worry." She then cleared her throat and wiped the tears on her cheeks and said "I am not going to let you say any final words. No matter what I need to do, I will save you today."

She instantly stood up as she said that. Everyone was confused as to what she was planning to do. She looked at Yami and said "You have done way more miracles in the past month than I can count. Is there anything you can do to save my father's life? I am ready to pay whatever price I have to for it."

Yami didn't say anything which the others took as a way of saying no but Yami was looking down at a puddle of water which was beside him "You sure?" he muttered as he looked at the puddle.

Mei was also losing hope as she saw Yami silent. Asami came to console Mei and Mei was about to turn around and sit back beside her father when Yami said "Mei Terumi...remember your promise. Even Lady Tsunade won't be able to save you if you break it."

Everyone quickly looked at Yami when they heard that. Even Yoshiro and the old man couldn't believe what they just heard. Mei nodded a few times and said "No matter what happens. I will keep my promise. I assure you I will do whatever you say but save my father."

Yami looked at her for a few seconds as she was completely different from the aloof and laid-back Mei Terumi that he had seen in the anime. He nodded and said "Step back from him everyone."

Kakashi walked close to Yami and asked "Are you sure about this?" He thought that Yami himself was going to heal him.

"Don't worry I am not going to heal him." Yami said as then looked back at the puddle beside him and said "Do what you have to do."

Seeing Yami talk to a puddle Riko said "Is he alright? He seems to be talking to the ground."

Just as Asami was about to say something, They saw 4 sheets of ice appear in mid-air and completely cover Yoshiro from all sides.

"W-What is this?" Mei said as she looked back and forth at Yami and the Ice sheets covering her father.

The ice sheets were like mirrors. Everyone who was seeing them looked at their own reflection in it. Before anyone could ask any question or say anything, Jiro ran a few steps forward and shouted "This is impossible."

Ji frowned as he heard that and said "What's the matter Jiro?"

"That's the Mirror jutsu of the Yuki clan. Moji told me he and his men killed everyone from that clan and that was what had caught our attention and we decided to contact Moji. No one except a Yuki bloodline clan member can do that."

That's when 3 of the 4 mirrors shattered exposing a masked person holding Yoshiro in his arms. The good thing was that where the wound was, now was covered in ice.

"Take him to your hideout and do the rest of the treatment." Yami said and the masked person nodded and left. Kakashi immediately recognized the mask as it was the same one the person who used the senbon needles on Zabuza.

'If this person is the same one that Pakkun saw in the jungle that day then it means that this person is Zabuza's ally and he would've saved Yoshiro even if Mei had denied a promise to Yami. Even in times like this...he wants to take advantage...truly insidious."

"You think it is so easy take him away?" Ji said and looked at Jiro. Jiro understood what it meant and quickly

Earth Style : Stone Shuriken

Just like its name, a shuriken made of stone appeared in front of Jiro, and with a wave of his hand was hurled at Haku and Yoshiro. But Yami knew he didn't need to do anything as the rest of the clan leaders, Mei, and 2-leaf jonins were already present there.

"DON'T YOU DARE EVEN LOOK AT HIM" Mei said with a burning anger in her eyes and just with a stomp of her foot, a small wave of lava appeared from the ground and completely swallowed the shuriken.

Haku didn't waste more time and stepped into the mirror that was behind her. A few more mirrors appeared at different distances indicating that he was traveling from one mirror to another. There were also some other mirrors in different directions as a decoy in case Ji decides to send someone.

Seeing all that Ji and Jiro understood that they would never be able to catch Yoshiro and the masked man like this.

"Even though he is gone I assure you that none of you will leave here alive. We will kill all of you first and then go and hunt down Yoshiro along with the Yuki clan bastard.