xxiii

A FEW MONTHS LATER
*.·:·.✧✦✧.·:·.*

I opened my eyes, staring at the ceiling above me. After a minute of laying like that I turned to my side, grabbing my phone to check the time. 11.30. I never sleep in this late, but right now it was fair. Yesterday evening the boys had their biggest concert to date, in the Stožice arena. It was an amazing night, and I'm so proud of them for pulling this off. I turned back around, watching Bojan who was still sound asleep. His breathing was loud, and where it usually would calm me down right now it was annoying me a little. It was probably just how tired I was.

With as little sound as possible I got out of bed and changed into some comfortable clothes. I made myself some coffee and sat down on my couch, scrolling through my phone. All the posts of old friends seemed pretentious and not like them. Everything seemed to annoy me, but it was probably just PMS. I think...

I tried to think back to the last time I got my period, but I couldn't remember. The last months had been pretty hectic. I opened my calendar, scrolling back, one, two months. Two? "Fuck." I muttered. It can't be. I probably just forgot to write down the last time I got my period. I hope. I could just do a test, to be sure. I walked into my bathroom, and rummaged around the drawers. Right. Exactly when I needed the test the most I ran out. Typical.

As I put on my shoes I thought it'd be smart to leave a note for Bojan when he woke up. Trying not to sound too panicked I wrote the most casual note I could and ran out the door. I lived pretty close to a drugstore, where I got a few different tests. One digital and two analog tests. Last time that also worked. In ten minutes I was home again, and it seemed like Bojan was still asleep. I again did all three tests at the same time, to minimize the waiting time.

I take pregnancy tests all the time. I'm an overthinker, and I always have to be sure the worst case scenario isn't happening. But this time it felt different. Usually my rational thinking knows nothing's wrong. Now, I don't. I'm never late, and I've never skipped a period. So either I've been so stressed and busy the last months that my period just didn't come, or I'm pregnant. And it's probably the latter.

I tried to breath in and out, but was struggling to. My phone started ringing, my timer went off. I took a deep breath, for as far as I could, and flipped the tests around. The analog tests had a thick second line, and the digital one also said pregnant. Fuck. My throat fully closed up as I was sitting on the bathroom floor. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I struggled for air. I hugged my knees to my body, all I could do was cry.

After what felt like three hours, but was probably ten minutes, I heard Bojan walking towards the bathroom. I left the door open, so he peeked in. When he saw me he rushed in, sitting down next to me and hugging me. "You're okay. It's okay, darling. What's wrong?" He soothed me. I closed my eyes and nodded towards the tests. I felt his head turn and opened my eyes again. They were too far away for him to properly see them, but his eyes widened.

He stepped closer, and after looking at the tests for a few seconds he looked back at me. He had a scared look in his eyes, but his face remained calm. He got back to me and hugged me. "It'll be okay, darling. We will figure it out, I promise." I laid my head on his chest and let his heartbeat calm me. "We will only do what you're absolutely ready for, and it's your choice. Whatever you choose is a good choice."

"I love you." I whispered.

A/N

Hi my loves, I hope you're all doing well! I also hope you liked this chapter and see you in the next one (idk when that'll be though...)