xviii

I've been feeling much better the past few days, Bojan took good care of me when I was sick. I'm getting ready for a New Years party, of one of the girls I met at a party. Her name is Julija, she's a friend of Bojan's too, he's also going to be there. I really dislike the whole holiday New Years, but it's fine, this party will be nice anyway.

Getting ready alone sucks, but I don't know anyone here well enough to get ready together with. I miss Iris, and doing this kind of stuff with her. I'm not going to do drinking games alone, that sucks. I'll just drink a few wines before leaving. It'll be fine. I think. Iris said I shouldn't worry so much, no one really minds.

I was wearing a red dress a little above my knees, I didn't want to reveal too much. Although now I looked like a school girl under dress code. Well, this dress did show a bit of cleavage so I think it's just the right in between. I hope so, anyway.

I put on some make up, a red lipstick, and put on some jewelry. After searching through my closet on my knees I found the heels I wanted, and strapped them on. I felt like I was late, there isn't even a late at a party. I pulled out a purse, stuffing my phone and wallet in it, and put in my airpods. I grabbed a random leather jacket for outside.

I quickly walked out of my apartment, as fast as I could with these heels on my feet. They already hurt, but that's okay, I need to fit in the dresscode. As I walked to the bus, I was thinking. What if this isn't really a fancy party? Or the dresscode is something entirely different? Like, they only told me that this was the dresscode, but actually it was just casual, and I'd look like the bitch that was trying to be hot. Or there isn't even a party, and it's just Julija and Bojan playing a prank on me. So when I get there there won't be anyone, except for them. Laughing at me because I'm a fucking idiot for believing there would be a party. Or maybe the party is real, but they gave me the wrong location and I'm actually being sent to a haunted house or something. Or they'll throw shit on me when I get there, like paint and sauce and flour and whatever they have just because they think it's funny?

I should just go home. No, I shouldn't. Don't worry so much, like Iris says. I really hope she's right, and this is just a normal party like everyone said. I don't even know Julija very well, why would she pull a prank on me like that? I'm crazy, not everything is about me.

I stepped into the bus when it arrived, it was pretty packed so I had to stand. I held on to a pole, I was standing right next to a seat. In the seat, was a guy that looked at me like I was some piece of meat. I turned up the volume of my music, which was now loudly playing Du Hast by Rammstein. I am pretty sure he heard it, because he looked away from me with a look of disgust on his face. This was my usual way of scaring off guys, it worked most of the time. I was just extra lucky that my playlist was already playing this song.

The next stop was my stop already, so luckily I got to get away from the creepy guy. I walked to the right house, and as I looked up at the windows, I saw party lights, so I don't think it was a prank anymore. I rang the doorbell, a second later the door was opened. Julija's smiling face greeted me, "You made it! Come in!" She hugged me and pulled me into the house. "You look so good! I love that dress." She smiled brightly. "Thank you so much." I was a little overwhelmed with all her love. "You look awesome too." I finally smiled at her. "Thanks." She grinned, "Well, make yourself at home, I'm going to find a guy to stick my tongue down his throat." Julija winked and walked off.

I looked around the room and spotted a lot of people I had met before, at other parties. A girl, I think her name was Mia, waved for me to join her. I smiled at her and pushed myself through the group of people. "Hi! So good to see you!" Mia introduced me to her friends, Iza and Elena. They all seemed very nice. The two girls left to get us all a beer. "So, I've heard you've been quite close with Bojan lately." Mia said with a smirk. "Yeah, just as friends though." I smiled at her. She raised her eyebrows, "Sure."