vii

While writing this I got really inspired by Love In The Dark so yeah idk you could listen to it the song kind of captures what this chapter feels like and is about in my opinion.

Also, me updating two days in a row again?

-----------------------

Florence's pov:

I woke up, the cold air in the room hit my face. I turned around to see Bojan laying next to me, sleeping deeply. He looked so cute, a little smile lingered around his lips. I looked at him for a little while before slowly sitting up. I grabbed my phone from the nightstand, scrolling through the few notifications. 

One of the notifications stood out, it was a text from my mother. She never texts me, so what is this about? 

Margaret

7.30

We are expecting you in our room at 11.30.
Do not be late, we don't have much time.

I looked at the time, seeing it was 11.00. Fuck. I softly got out of bed, and got ready without making noise. When I was almost done I heard Bojan woke up, so I turned around. "What's going on?" He asked, with his cute croaky morning voice. "I have to meet my parents for something, but it'll take 10 minutes tops. Could you stay here for that time?" I asked him. "Of course. Good luck." He smiled.

I walked out of the room, and towards my parents'. I knocked on the door, and it opened pretty immediately. My mother stood behind it, looking more mad than usual. I smiled at her, and walked in after she nodded. The room was much bigger than mine, with a full table and multiple chairs. My father sat on one of them, and my mother sat next to him. She gestured towards a chair opposite of them, and I sat down in it. 

Mother cleared her throat, and took a deep breath. She shot me a look of disdain before she started speaking. "You are leaving this afternoon." She said. I frowned, "I thought we were leaving tomorrow." My father nodded. "We are. You are leaving this afternoon."

"What? Why?" I asked. I was very confused, this was all very sudden. Mother sighed, not hiding her disappointment. "Edwin-" She started, it was never a good thing when she started with my fathers name. "- has seen you with a boy yesterday. He entered your room. I can't even think of what you've been doing with him. You know that it is very forbidden and against the agreement we have with the DeWitt's. You are marrying him in two weeks, for gods sake. You are leaving this afternoon, to prevent any more impurities." 

I looked at them in shock. I had been so careful. The way she spoke of Bojan with so much disgust felt like a knife in my chest. Tears started welling up in my eyes and I nodded. "You are breaking all contact with him, and I never want to see you with a man other than Thomas." Margaret ended, and I stood up. "Your flight leaves at 13.00, we have taken care of your entire trip back home." She said, and I walked out of the room, fighting against the tears in my eyes. 

I wiped the tears away and stepped into my room again. I looked at Bojan, who brightly smiled at me. "What happened? What did they want to talk to you about?" He asked as soon as he noticed I was crying. "I have to leave today." Bojan looked at me with a confused look in his eyes. "I thought you were leaving tomorrow." He stated. "Me too." I started, "Oh Bojan, how I wish I didn't have to do this." I whispered. 

His eyes filled with sadness as he walked closer towards me. He put his arm around my shoulder and led me to the bed. "What happened?" He asked, his voice laced with pain. "My parents saw you. With me. They are sending me back today. I have to break all contact with you." I looked up at Bojan, who just sat next to me in silent, staring at the wall. "I'm so sorry. I had the best week of my life with you, honestly. And if it were up to me I'd stay here forever. I just can't." Bojan nodded and stood up.

"I get it." He said, grabbing his bag. "Bojan, you'll own my heart forever." I told him as he walked to the door. I swallowed. He opened the door, "Goodbye." He hugged me, and walked away. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I watched him walk away, knowing I let go the most amazing person I ever met. As he walked out of sight I saw my parents exit their room and I closed the door. 

I walked into my room and fell onto my knees. I let out a loud wail as I felt my heart break. I crawled to the window as I saw Bojan walking out of the hotel, into the streets. He looked back once, and the sun lit up his bewitching face. Each and every one of his beautiful features was highlighted, and I knew that I would remember this sight forever. He walked further, disappearing behind the buildings. I stood up and fell down on the bed, crying into the sheets. 

Remembering I had to leave in an hour, I got up to pack my bag. I threw everything in it and closed it. My father had texted me the details of the trip home, and my taxi would be arriving any moment now. I hurried out of my room, and as I exited the hotel a taxi drove up to me. "Florence Linde?" The driver asked me. I nodded, stepping into the back of the car.

.•*•.•*•.

In the airplane I had been listening to a lot of sad music, and I was thankful my parents had enough pride to put me in business class. I had my own little cabin, so I was free to cry as much as I wanted without feeling too embarrassed. 

When I landed I got into another taxi that pretty quickly got me home, where I was greeted by my old nanny, Joanna. She took my bags and I fell down on the couch. Joanna came back and sat next to me. "Your mother told me what happened." She said softly. I softly nodded, tears welling up in my eyes again. "I'm sorry things have to go this way Flo." She said, embracing me in a hug. 

"I set myself up for it. I knew this was going to happen." I grimly smiled at her. "I'm gonna go to bed." I stood up. "Don't you want to eat? Watch some tv together?" Joanna asked me, and I shook my head in response. "No, thanks. Goodnight." I put on my best smile for her and walked to my room. 

I shut the door and put on some music again. I showered and got ready for bed and laid down. I looked at the ceiling, feeling completely empty. I grabbed my phone to check for messages.

new message from Margaret
You did the right thing. I'm proud of you.

Yeah, like I want her to be proud of me. The bitch.

new message from Iris
I'll be home in a week. I'll go and visit you immediately then!!