ii

Florence sat down at a table. She was in a café, drinking her coffee. She looked around while taking a sip. There were only a few people in the café, an elderly lady, a business man, and a group of boys.

While Florence was looking at the boys, one of them, a brunette, caught her eye. He grinned, and Florence quickly looked away. She grabbed her phone, texting her mother to inform her where she was.

Florence heard the boys cheer, and the one who just looked at her stood up. He approached Florence with a big smile on his face. "Hi, can I sit here?" He asked, pointing to the chair in front of her. Florence nodded. "Sure." She said. "I'm Bojan." The boy introduced himself, holding out his hand. "I'm Florence." Florence shook Bojans hand.

"Are you new here? I've never seen you before." Bojan said. "I am. I'm here on a holiday with my parents." Florence smiled. "Do you want me to show you around the city?" Bojan asked. "Yeah, that would be nice." Florence nodded. "What about your friends, though?" She looked at the group of boys he just sat with.

"They can live without me, don't worry. I'm not that much of a god." Bojan grinned. Florence rolled her eyes. "Didn't think you were." She smiled. Bojan stood up, and Florence quickly took the last sip of coffee before following him. She put on her coat when she stood up, since it was kind of cold outside.

"Where are you staying?" Bojan asked Florence. "In a hotel, not too far from here." She said. "Cool. How old are you, actually?" He asked, making Florence smile. "I'm eighteen, you?" She answered. "Me too." Bojan nodded.

After following Bojan for a good ten minutes, he finally stopped walking. "Where are we exactly?" Florence shot a suspicious look his way, before looking back at where they stopped. They were at the entrance of a park. "I'm sorry, I have no idea what kind of things you like." Bojan chuckled.

Florence smiled. "That's okay! I love nature." She shrugged. "Good." Bojan nodded and they entered the park. 

"So, are you studying anything?" Bojan asked. Florence shook her head, "No, I just finished high-school. I was doubting between studying Astrology and Film, but I chose Film in the end. I'm starting this september." She said.

Bojan nodded. "That's cool." Florence smiled, "What about you?" She asked. "I'm going to study economy." Bojan said. "That's also nice." Florence smiled. 

"How long will you be staying here?" Bojan asked. "A week. We arrived yesterday." Florence answered. Bojan nodded. "Have you been to Ljubljana before?" "No. How about you, do you live here?" 

"I do. Ljubljana is my favourite city." Bojan smiled. Florence nodded, "Really?" "You don't like it here?" Florence shook her head, "No, I do. But my favourite city has to be Tokyo." She smiled. "I've never been there." Bojan said. "I have, once. It's a beautiful city." 

"I would love to go there one day." Bojan said, making Florence smile. "You should." They walked along in awkward silence, both not really knowing what to say. 

"That dog is so cute." Florence pointed at a small dog walking past them. "Are you more a cat or a dog person?" Bojan asked, looking at her. Florence shrugged. "I think I'm a cat person, but I love dogs as well. Sometimes they're scary though." She answered. "You're a cat person? Well I don't think I can hang out with you anymore." Bojan joked, making Florence laugh. 

"So you're a dog person?" She clarified. "I am." Bojan nodded. "My best friend has a dog. She's cute." Florence said. "The dog is cute, or your best friend is cute?" Bojan raised his eyebrows. "The dog." Florence laughed. "Although my best friend is also cute." 

"Do you have any siblings?" Florence asked as the two sat down on a bench. "I do. I have a sister. You?" Bojan asked. "I don't. My parents thought I was too much work, they didn't want another one." Florence smiled, even though she wasn't joking.

"Do you have any silly fears?" Florence asked. Bojan thought for a second, but shook his head. "No, I don't think so. Do you?" "I'm incredibly scared of birds." Bojan frowned, "Why's that?" Florence shrugged. "I don't know. I feel like they are going to attack me. They are creepy as hell." She laughed. "Okay I can kind of see why." Bojan nodded, smiling.

Florence grabbed her phone to look at the time. "Shit. I have to go, I'm meeting my parents at the hotel." She said, grabbing her bag.

"Can I please have your number before you go?" Bojan begged as Florence stood up. "Oh, yeah." She nodded and Bojan handed her his phone. She typed in her number and walked away. "See you?" Bojan called after her. Florence turned around, walking backwards for a little. "See you." She smiled and turned back around.