viii

Florence picked up her phone. It was a week after her goodbye with Bojan. She opened her calendar, scrolling back a little. "Fuck." She muttered, clicking through her phone to call Iris. 

"Hey girl, what's up?" Iris' voice greeted her. "Are you on your way here already?" Florence asked. "Not yet, I'm about to leave, why?" Iris sounded concerned. "I was wondering if you could go by the store for me?" "Yeah sure, what do you need?" Florence swallowed. "Pregnancy tests." She said quietly. "What?" Iris' voice shouted through the speakers. "I'm leaving right now. I'll go by the store. See you in ten minutes." She said, hanging up again. 

Florence sighed. Ten minutes later her doorbell rang, and she ran to open the door. As soon as she saw Iris she hugged her tightly. "I missed you so much." She whispered. "I missed you too Buns. But we don't have time for this. You need to tell me everything." Florence chuckled. They walked to Florence's room, and when they closed the door Florence started talking. She told Iris everything, from the way Bojan and her met, to the last glimpse she saw of him. 

"And when I just looked at my calendar, I realized I was supposed to have my period four days ago, and I'm never late." She ended. "Fuck." Iris murmured, "Well, here are the tests. I got three different brands just for certain." She held up the bag. "Great. I love you so much." Florence smiled as she took the first test. "I sure hope this is negative because I cannot have this too." She said before walking into the bathroom. "Buns! Just do all of them at once, then you only have to wait once." Iris handed her the bag. "Smart." Florence nodded.

Florence walked back into her room, laying down the tests on her table, upside down. "Now we have to wait for five minutes." She sighed. "What will you do if they're positive?" Iris asked. "I don't know." Florence admitted. "I deleted Bojan's number, and even if I didn't, I'm getting married in a week." 

Iris nodded. "Is there a chance this isn't Bojan's?" She asked. Florence shook her head, "No, he's the only guy I've been with in half a year." "Shit." "My sentiments exactly." 

"Have you had any morning sickness?" Iris asked. "I don't think so." Florence shook her head, "I haven't eaten a lot lately. I wasn't hungry, and everything I tried to eat..." She trailed off. "What?" Iris asked, unable to conceal her curiousness. "Everything made me nauseous." Florence whispered.

A bit later, Florence's phone went off. "My timer. The five minutes have passed." Florence sighed. 

She looked at Iris before she turned the tests around, looking for a second line. Which had appeared. On all three tests. "Fuck." Florence muttered, tears welling up in her eyes. Iris wrapped her arm around Florence's shoulder, pulling the girl closer to her. Florence dropped her head into her hands, softly sobbing. "What will happen now?" Iris asked. "I don't know," Florence shook her head, "I guess I'll have to make an appointment at the gynecologist." 

.•*•.•*•.

Florence and Iris walked into the doctor's building, hand in hand. Florence took a deep breath as they walked up to the front desk. "Hi, I have an appointment at the gynecologist's?" She asked. The receptionist looked up at her, sending her a disapproving look. "Name and date of birth please?" She sneered. "Florence Linde, the third of March 1999." Florence tried to smile at her. After she heard the year the woman raised her eyebrows. "You can wait there." She said after typing in Florence's data. 

Iris led her to the bench and they sat down together. "How are you feeling?" She asked Florence. "I'm alright." The latter answered. Not long after a sweet looking woman approached them. "Florence Linde?" She asked. "That would be me." Florence stood up, "Is it okay if my friend joins us?" The doctor smiled. "Of course. I'm doctor Peters, but you can call me Marianne." She introduced herself.

They walked to her room, and sat down at her desk. "So, you think you are pregnant?" The doctor looked at Florence. "Yes." She nodded. "Can you explain why you think so?" Florence sighed. "I missed my period, which I never do, and food is making me nauseous. I did three different pregnancy tests, and they were all positive."  Marianne nodded. "Okay. Can you tell me when your last menstruation was, and the last time you had sexual intercourse?" She said.

Florence nodded, "My last menstruation was 36 days ago, on the eleventh of June." She took a shaky breath in. "The last - um - time I had-" cough, "- sexual intercourse was on the seventh of July." She grimly smiled at the woman in front of her, who was typing it all into her computer. "Okay, you can lay down on the table here. Can you lift your shirt a little for me?" Marianne asked. Florence nodded and laid down. 

Iris sat on the chair next to her, and grabbed her hand. She squeezed in it three times and smiled encouragingly. Marianne put the ultrasound device on Florence's stomach, making her shiver a little. Florence kept her eyes on Iris, who was looking at the screen behind her. She tried to read her facial expressions, but Iris was mostly looking confused. 

"So," Marianne began talking. Florence turned towards her. "You are pregnant." She continued. Florence nodded, looking at the screen. "This is your baby." The doctor pointed at the screen. "It looks perfectly healthy, for as far as we can see now." Florence awkwardly smiled at the woman. 

.•*•.•*•.

"I am so fucked." Florence said to Iris as soon as they walked back into her room. "But don't you have to marry the guy for kids or something?" Iris asked, making Florence grimace in response. "Yeah, but he's blond with blue eyes, just like me. Wouldn't it be a little weird if the kid came out with brown eyes and dark hair?" Iris slowly nodded, "Yeah, I get what you're saying. Do you have a plan?"

Florence shook her head. "Not one."

A/N

I'm sorry this is so short lol