~Epilogue

December 24, 2015

"Congratulations on winning the Mama awards Hsingche! That speech was beautiful and your cousin is absolutely adorable!!" Xuanyi said sitting next to Hsingche in a starry night.

"Xie xie Xuanyi. I've been wanting to congratulate her for a while but I'm glad I got to say so at the Mamas. Her journey has just begun. Unfortunately, I can't psychically be there like I used to. I can only sit back and support her."

"It's such a wonderful trait to have to be such a caring brother. There's not a lot of people like that."

The old friends were happily reuniting after a year of losing contact. She has changed a bit wearing more makeup since she is preparing to be an idol. Nevertheless, she looks beautiful regardless.

His felt his heartbeat fast so he recomposed himself. Consequently, Xuanyi faced up to his level with great concern.

"Are you okay Hsingche!!"

"I'm fine... Just not used to us being this close. We've been gone for so long I forgot how to speak." Hsingche admitted.

Xuanyi recoiled in realization. She too became a blushing mess.

"I hear Cheng Xiao moved to Starship. I entrust that you will take care of her. She can be energetic at times but she's a great girl. She's been pretty lonely without me being around. I hope she makes new friends Xuanyi." Eric said urgently.

"Of course I will Hsingche. She's absolutely adorable! I've always wanted a sister!!" Xuanyi said with joy in her face. Cheng Xiao was known as the "darling of SM" for her well known aegyo and persona. She was the most popular SM Rookie in fact. It was a shame she decided to part ways, but it was for the best. She waited for three years to get this opportunity.

"I wanted to give you something before I go. I've been searching and I got this necklace. You always told me you wanted to wear jade. I bought something cute in Taiwan that I think you may like." Eric handed out a small bag with a beautiful ribbon.

"Hsingche... You didn't need to give me anything!" Xuanyi grabbed and opened up the bag revealing a beautiful jade in the shape of a turtle.

"This is beautiful... Eric I don't know what to say! I-I." She felt a massive blush creep in as he stood in front of her to put on the necklace around when neck.

"It goes like this. Be gentle with it, this jade isn't ordinary." Eric said gently placed the turtle under her neck. Their faces were inches apart. This was the most intimate they have ever been and yet everything feels right...

"I'm sorry Hsingche... I would love to but you're an idol. I'm going to be idol soon and I can't have any unnecessary scandals that could ruin the both of us. I'm really sorry Hsingche." Xuanyi said apologetically.

"No don't apologize! I was sort of expecting it myself. You're right, pursuing further would cause conflict especially since you will be a rookie. I've been waiting to tell you this but you're precious to me. You were my first true friend I made since moving to Korea. I wouldn't have gotten this far here without you. That is why no matter how long we have to wait I'll be here for you. Wo ai ni Xuanyi." Eric said in a sweet and genuine tone. This was first time he ever felt this vulnerable.

He was too caught up that he didn't see her reach over and kiss him. By the time he reacted he saw their lips connecting.

"Xuanyi..." Eric said stunned.

Her eyes were feeling teary like she was holding back her emotions. His blush only grew.

"I just wanted to be the first before any girl tried to kiss you. I've liked you too... You were the only one who didn't make me feel an outcast when everyone else did. You made my highschool days so much bearable. Because of you I kept training and became an idol. It's time for me to begin my story. Please wait for me until then Hsingche! When I'm ready I will tell you! Promise me you will wait!!" Xuanyi places her hand on his with a pleading expression. For the first they truly let their true selves show. Eric just smiled appreciating her honesty.

"Xie xie Xuanyi. I'll wait as long as you like!! Wo ai Xuanyi."

Wo ai ni Hsingche. Xie xie for bringing such a wonderful Christmas present!! I'll cherish it." Xuanyi said with a happy grin. Both friends parted ways as they concluded the year with satisfaction.

Their relationship was only beginning and a new year was dawning...

End of Book 1

If you made it here, I thank you for taking the time to read this. I took a risk by introducing someone who isn't considered Kpop. Eric Chou was the first Taiwanese artist that caught my eye and I wanted to do a story about him. I also wanted to do EXO justice by focusing on the Chinese line. I wanted Yixing, Luhan, and Tao to have their moment to shine. Book 2 will pick off where we focus on EXO as an international group.  Their popularity extends to being Asia and they will continue their dominance as 3rd gens most popular. It will also got further to Eric's solo career as Taiwan's biggest star. Until then stay tuned and please check out Eric Chou for yourselves ;).