A Moment of Reflection

April 2014

Eric Chou and the boys were preparing for their newest comeback. They song was officially unveiled as Overdose. The moment teasers were uploaded it amasses millions of views a matter of days! In fact, Overdose was going to surpass all previous records and Lee Sooman was going to make sure of that. By now EXO was their main group. They have shown potential as rookies, but it was time to move past it.

All day and night the boys were in the dancing room perfecting each precise movement. The boys were sweating so much that it created a humid atmosphere. Their clothes were completely soaked, but their focus. They needed to make sure to perfect those intricate movement.

"This workout is very brutal!" Baekhyun panted as he tried to catch his breath.

"I'm at my limits now!" Kyungsoo felt to his knees, exhausted.

"So fucking close. Just one more-" Chanyeol struggled getting up.

"Xingzhe, I feel like I might pass out after this. I need more water." Luhan leaned against the wall.

"I know you guys are feeling exhausted but practicing isn't done yet. We still have fifteen more minutes. Just beat with it a little longer." Suho urges them.

"Are you okay Yutian? You look a little faded." Tao asked seeing Alex a little dazed.

"He shook his head in response and gave a reassured smirk, "I'm fine, really y'all are worrying too much! Just needed to catch my breath. I'm ready now."

"One the count of three, one two, three." Suho said as the sound of the music can be heard.

"Someone call the doctor
Nal butjapgo malhae jweo
Sarangeun byeong jungdok Overdose
Shigani jinalsurok tongjeneun himdeureojeo
Jeomjeom gipsugi ppajeo ganda Eh oh

Too much neoya
Your love igeon Overdose
Too much neoya-"

Alex collapsed suddenly halfway through his line, interrupting their entire performance.

"ALEX!!!" Eric ran to his brother's aid.

"What just happened!?" Xiumin asked.

"He was fine a moment ago!" Luhan said.

"He's overexerted himself I'm afraid he's done for today." Lay explained.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO OVERDO IT!! YOU SHOULD'VE TOLD ME YOU NEEDED REST!" Eric cried frantically as his brother was struggling to stay conscious. All he saw was his brother distressed and the boys rushing out the room.

"Sooman-nim!! Alex collapsed!" Jongdae shouted.

Sooman dropped his papers at the news.

"What did you say!?" Sooman was not believing what he was hearing.

"It's true ajusshi. We were all practicing and he passed out in the middle of practice." Baekhyun explained, a little calmer.

"Just give him a breather until he's ready to practice again." Sooman shrugged it off.

"This is a serious matter ajusshi, he can't perform anymore. He's exhausted. If we just let him he'll might have a heart attack or worse. He needs a day or two of rest so he recover." Suho said in a serious tone.

The man sees all the members minus Eric and Lay all with the same sentiment. He couldn't help but sigh. EXO was really hitting it's stride this year and netizens were anticipating their newest comeback. This injury would surely complicate things, but seeing all the boys extremely concerned he just sighed in defeat.