Old friends and new rivals

January 23, 2014

EXO along with their sunbaes SHINee and SNSD were selected to participate in this annual Seoul Music Awards. Eric himself was happy to be traveling with his favorite senior Henry.

"It's an honor to be traveling with you sunbae." Eric said with a smile.

"It certainly is kid. I know you guys will rock it!" Henry gave his support.

"We've been doing this lately and it's great to have a show of our own." Taemin said happy.

"For real. Got tired of being under our seniors shadow." Key sighed referring to Super Junior.

"Don't say such careless things hyung! You know it isn't their choice. They are going through a mourning period." Minho elbowed him.

"It's so messed up what happened poor sunbae." Jonghyun said with sympathy.

The mourning they're referring was Leeteuk. Right at the start of new year Leeteuk's parents were found dead in their apartment. It sparked national coverage and ever since then Super Junior has withdrawn from the spotlight including Eric Nam.

Apparently even Sooyoung feels it because she has been rather quiet lately for whatever reason.

"Come on Sooyoung-ah. There's nothing you can do. The sunbaes need their time to recover." Taeyeon nudged her shoulder as the three group went into individual vehicles. Once they arrived their destination the SM family appeared in style, waving hands and taking pictures of the red carpet.

A sudden camera flash made Luhan and Eric blink.

"Come on man, a little camera flash won't kill you!" Alex shoved him forward causing him to nearly collide with Luhan.

"Watch it!" Eric said in Chinese.

"There was no need for excessive force Yutian." Yixing scolded him.

"He was taking too long! I thought by he would over with this crap." Alex defended himself.

The Korean members looked at the Chinese line with an amused laugh.

"Our maknae is so adorable!" Jongdae laughed.

"He's just as awkward as Nam sunbae." Suho laughed.

"I hear Apink sunbae is going to be preform. This should be interesting." Kyungsoo said.

"Who cares if Naeun-ah is gonna be around. I'm more interested in our new rival." Jongin seeing another boy group communicating with each other.

"B.T.S. I wonder that stand for?" Sehun said with interest.

"It stands for Bangtan Boys. This is J-Hope." One of the rappers introduced himself.

"Bangtan Boys?" Xiumin cocked his head.

"Bangtan means bulletproof! Cuz we take out any haters! We to be the voice of the new generation!" J-Hope bragged.

"What's up I am Rap Monster leader of this new posse. I heard a lot about you sunbaes I think it's dope to meet you in person." Rap Monster said with swagger as she shook hands in a western fashion.

While Kai, Sehun, Chanyeol, Alex, Tao, and Eric accepted, the other half were left confused.

"Don't worry about the lack of communication. I happen to be an English speaker myself.

"Where did you learn English? Are an overseas Korean?" Alex asked.

"Me? Nah!! I was born and bred in the Land of Han. I just happened to be interested in y'alls culture. Used to watch Friends back in the day!".