Growl Drama Version

August 2013

Around the same time EXO released Growl, they did a short drama where they add their lore of EXO having superpowers. Hsingche took the role of main character who students upon a beautiful girl while feeling from a gang of delinquents. He briefly activates his power to overwhelm the bullies with a force that sends them flying several meters. Said girl saw his power and Eric ran without a trace. The next day he meets at school. They state for a few seconds before they went their separate ways.

Later on the day Hsingche was confronted by the same gang and harassed. And so the boys of EXOs fought a long hard brawl to said girl played by trainee Wendy. He used his super strength to knock out many thugs. In the end he felt his power drain and Wendy just stares at him.

"What are you? Who are you?" Wendy's character said. She then left Hsingche on his own.

In the second episode the boys of EXO recovered after a long fight. Wendy suddenly remembered about Eric so she ran outside to meet him. She could see his see he was still injured. He tried to walk away from her, but exhaustion caught up to him and he collapsed. The next shot shows Wendy in the hospital taking care of Eric. She sees a picture of him and his brother Alex. This stands out to her. Eric wakes up all surprised to see him here. Kai briefly confronts him shoving him against the wall for hanging out with her. This moment was caught on camera by a henchman who sent it to their leader. Wendy was kidnapped once again and the boys were forced to fight. Tao showed off his Wushu moves, and the other boys displayed their powers. Right when he is about to finish him off he felt his power fade. The boys came to his aid and Wendy's tear caused Eric's hair to change back to it's normal state. The video ends with Alex carrying her umbrella before slamming the picture hard on the ground showcasing him and his brother.

The Chinese versions offered nearly the exact same shit but with some additional scenes with Tao and Luhan as close friends of Eric.