Simple Steps - Ch. 15

Felix easily spent 2 days brainstorming alone, thinking on the right words, it took him forever, but he wrote a decent letter in braille, he just needed a moment to send it.

- - • • • - -

Felix made sure to get to school before Evan, he was sleepy, of course, but it was THIS important.

He made his way to Evan's locker, and slid the letter under the door, there was just enough space to fit the letter, and he acted like nothing happened.

"Hey! What are you doing?" Evan asked, enthusiastic.

Evan walked towards Felix, just arriving to grab something.

"Nothing, i couldn't fall asleep so i got up early." Felix lied.

"That's fine, you should have a good sleep schedule though." Evan mentioned, as advice.

Felix heard Evan open his locker, and he acted like he didn't see any letter, and his mind started to run.

("Wait, i thought i was in front of his locker, hold on... i slid the letter into my own locker.")

Felix monologued in his mind, in reality he had spaced out.

"Are you alright? You look as if you forgot you let the stove on, it has happened to me." Evan asked, as well as confessing something.

"Yeah, i'm fine, i was waiting for Charlie." Felix said.

"I think she slept through the alarm." Evan shared his theory.

"Wouldn't be a first time for her." Felix admitted. "Anyways..."

"Then i'm just with you for the day, that's good, i like you." Evan complimented.

Felix felt his heart skipping a beat, and nodded frenetically.

"You know, i was thinking of joining the soccer team." Evan mentioned.

"You'd be great for that!" Felix supported.

"You know? I think i should do it."

"Most of the other guys don't hang out with me, and girls simply try to get to me, with other intentions... I think i should change that." Evan confessed.

"They're a bunch of idiots then." Felix said, defensively.

"You're right." Evan chuckled.

Evan and Felix hung out most of the day, and continued talking on lunch.

"So i was invited to this party yesterday, and i'd like you to come." Evan asked Felix.

"Well..." Felix mumbled, not sure if his father would let him.

Evan got the message.

"Come on, there's gotta be a way! I don't want to go alone! You can bring Charlie!" Evan begged, trying to convince Felix.

"I don't even know if parties are my thing." Felix mentioned.

"You just dance and hang around." Evan explained.

"I only know The Waltz because of you, i don't think that's suited for parties." Felix claimed.

"I'll help you, is as simple as bouncing and waving around, simple steps."

"Uhm..." Felix contemplated for a few seconds. "I'll try to persuade my dad, i suppose, i'll confirm it when i'm sure."

"Thank you! It's really fun with you." Evan said, thankfully and excited.

- - • • • - -

Felix decided to ask his dad, and he was nervous about it.

He walked into the living room, his father was sitting on the rocking chair, while he scrolled on his phone.

"Dad?" Felix said out loud.

"Yes?" His father said, while not looking away.

"Would you let me go to a party with Evan and Charlie?" Felix asked, nervously.

"Depends, when is it?"

"This friday."

"Where is it?"

"One of my classmates' house, specifically Judy's." Felix explained.

"I could let it happen." His father said.

"Thank y-" Felix was interrupted abruptly.

"But, you need to return before 11, and not drunk."

"I can do that."

"Then it's decided."

"Thank you dad!" Felix said excitedly, reaching out to his father and giving him an almost hug.

When Felix came back to his room, he called Evan.

"So my dad miraculously let me go to the party." Felix mentioned.

"That's great! I'll see you there." Evan said, excited.