Realization - Ch. 13

Felix laid on his bed, as he was thinking of all that Evan has made him feel, he was considering, remembering, feeling.

He decided to put on his headphones and listen to music as he thought on everything as a whole, it was something different.

His mind made up scenarios where he was more than a friend with Evan, those didn't really feel like something strange.

Felix sighed as he listened to the melodies, they were all about love, the kind of love he's been taught to follow, but that he never felt by his own experience.

He made a list in his mind about what someone needed to be good for him.

'Kind, Funny, Lovely, Strong, Honest...' It all sounded a lot like Evan, which made him just wonder... Can his dream person, be a guy?

Charlie has mentioned that he may be thinking about Evan a lot, and that it may be the reason for his off personality in the last days.

Felix heard someone knock on the door over the music, to which he took them off and shouted.

"Enter!"

Felix's dad opened the door and stepped in.

"Just wanted to inform you that dinner is ready, so you come to the table." His dad said.

"Alright." Felix answered.

His dad closed the door back and left.

- - • • • - -

"Dad?" Felix asked his dad, while having dinner.

"Yes?" His father said, with his mouth full.

"How was it like, when you fell in love with Mom?" Felix asked, carefully, because it's a sensitive topic in his house.

Ryan side-eyed Felix, in a certain way which meant to say 'What are you doing?!'

His father nearly choked, but it passed and the sighed.

"It was... I was just 20 years old, she was 19... I saw her and thought she was beautiful." Felix's dad started telling the story.

"She had a certain charm on her voice, and she smelled like flowers... I just knew she was the one." His dad said, nostalgic.

"Interesting." Felix mumbled.

Ryan cringed and covered his ears with his finger, his dad sounded like a teenager.

"Why, son?" His dad asked.

"It's nothing, just curiosity." Felix lied, convincingly.

Ryan side-eyed again, this time meaning 'You sure?'.

"Ryan, your brother can be curious about our history, there's nothing wrong with that." His dad said.

But it wasn't just curiosity, there was something more, something resonating inside of Felix, like a strong heartbeat, which made him feel nervous, but intrigued.

- - • • • - -

"I don't get it." Evan declared as his hand went over a book written in braille that Felix showed him.

They were in the hallway, outside of the cafeteria, waiting for Charlie who went to the bathroom.

"It's simply your regular alphabet, but it's translated." Felix explained.

"How do you understand the shape and position, and spot on for that?" Evan asked, confused.

Felix let out a small chuckle.

"See, there's this guide that i have." Felix pulled out of his backpack a small piece of paper with the alphabet written on braille. "So people can understand my braille writting."

Felix handed it in front of Evan, motioning for him to take it.

"Alright... I may use it." Evan took it and pulled it into his backpack.

Charlie walked towards them, coming from the bathroom.

"Hey guys, what are you doing?" Charlie asked, intrigued.

"Just teaching him about braille, it's easy!" Felix claimed.

"It's not!" Evan responded.

"It's difficult, it took me years to correlate the small dots to letters, but i can try to read it with that small guide Felix gave me." Charlie said.

"I just gave him one, it's your time to learn, Evan." Felix said, playfully.

"Boring." Evan groaned.

Charlie looked out in the hallway, then hid behind Felix.

"Huh?" Felix blurted out.

"It's Michael." Charlie said.

Evan immediately turned to see the brown, curly haired guy walking through the hallway.

"That's your guy?" Evan pointed out.

"Well, he's not mine." Charlie clarified.

"I hope to meet him sometime soon." Felix said, touching behind him for Charlie.

"He's nice, don't worry about it."

"He's also nice looking, damn." Evan said, still watching Michael in the distance.

"Hey, get your own!" Charlie shouted, with her teeth closed.

"Sorry, sorry!" Evan apologized.

That was something he liked about Evan, his playfulness, he's fun to be around, the charm of his voice. And Felix got into a realization.